View Full Version : US Bronze ladies math

plinko
05-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Under the new program requirements, what would gain the highest points:

Jumps are limited to a 3 combo, two 2 combos and a single.

So:

Lutz/loop/loop
lutz/toe
flip/toe
flip

Would this be the highest ranking jump lineup?

(heh, who needed to learn salchows anyway)

Spins, I suppose the highest points would be camel change camel and then drop into sit change sit.

And here's my other question: Do skaters at Bronze level currently have these kind of skills or am I just daydreaming?

Debbie S
05-29-2006, 04:20 PM
Yes, the top Bronze skaters can do these skills. You do generally see more back camels/change camels in Silver, though.

As far as your reference to points: remember that Bronze and Silver are not going to be judged according to CoP, at least not for the next year anyway. The 6.0 system will still be used, so it will still be important to do skills you can do well rather than complex spins and jmp combos of not-as-good quality.

FrankR
05-29-2006, 05:42 PM
Hello,

I really can't give a definitive clarification for your question. However, it reminded me of a debate that came up when we were discussing the proposed amendment to the well-balanced program requirements. So I thought I'd post my interpretation in the hopes that someone can clarify whether I'm right or wrong.

As I understood it, a skater may now repeat a maximum of two single jumps with at least one of those attempts required to be in combination. If this particular requirement passed and I have interpreted it correctly, this set of jumps would be illegal because you have repeated the lutz, the flip, the loop and the toe.

Would anyone familiar with the latest requirements that passed at GC chime in?

Thanks,

Frank :)

Under the new program requirements, what would gain the highest points:

Jumps are limited to a 3 combo, two 2 combos and a single.

So:

Lutz/loop/loop
lutz/toe
flip/toe
flip

Would this be the highest ranking jump lineup?

(heh, who needed to learn salchows anyway)

Spins, I suppose the highest points would be camel change camel and then drop into sit change sit.

And here's my other question: Do skaters at Bronze level currently have these kind of skills or am I just daydreaming?

doubletoe
05-29-2006, 05:45 PM
Theoretically, since sequences aren't downgraded under the 6.0 system (and Silver and below are still under 6.0), you could get at least as much credit for difficulty if you did this:

lutz-loop-1/2 loop-flip
flip-loop
salchow-toeloop
lutz

If you can't do a 1/2 loop into a flip (it's HARD), you could do this instead:

lutz-loop-1/2 loop-salchow
flip-loop
salchow-toeloop
lutz

Remember, starting Sptember 1, you are only allowed 4 jump passes in Bronze (although you're allowed 5 in Silver) so that would be it for jumps. Also, the judges typically want to see your most difficult jump landed by itself so they can see your level of control on the landing edge, especially if you've already done that jump for them in combination. That's why you'd want to do the second lutz as a solo jump.

doubletoe
05-29-2006, 05:49 PM
Oh yeah, to clarify the new rule, you can only do a lutz-loop-loop if you don't do any more loops at all in your program (since you are only allowed two). Also, if all your jump passes start with a lutz or flip, the judges will consider it a little unbalanced at Bronze level. You really need to do a salchow.

doubletoe
05-29-2006, 05:54 PM
As I understood it, a skater may now repeat a maximum of two single jumps with at least one of those attempts required to be in combination. If this particular requirement passed and I have interpreted it correctly, this set of jumps would be illegal because you have repeated the lutz, the flip, the loop and the toe.

Would anyone familiar with the latest requirements that passed at GC chime in?

Thanks,

Frank :)

*Actually, all of the single jumps may be repeated, but they can only be repeated once, meaning you are allowed to do two lutzes, two flips, two loops, two salchows and two toeloops in your program, and if you do a jump twice, at least once must be in combination (both in combination is also okay, which is why you're allowed to do a lutz-loop-loop as long as there are no other loops in the program). The only time you are limited as to how many different* jumps you're allowed to repeat is when you are at a level where you're doing triple jumps (I think only 2 or 3 different triples can be repeated in Intermediate and above, but don't quote me on that). All singles and doubles can be repeated.

techskater
05-30-2006, 04:11 PM
In the spin department, a sit change sit is worth the same base as a camel change camel (it's a single spin with change of foot - CSp). The one worth the "most" for all levels (at a level 1) is a CCoSp - change of foot combination spin like a camel-sit-change sit. I would guess that the highest scoring (once IJS hits the Bronze level) program will have a CCoSp and a CSp.