View Full Version : pair skating?

wondering
05-26-2006, 10:30 AM
i'm 14 this year -- about 5'2 and about 39kg(86 pounds?) i'm currently at freestyle4/5 (working on my camel spin and stuff) . do you think i could start pair skating? assuming i manage to find a partner of course. and do you need to be under the same coach? because i have a friend who is about the same level as me,and is interested in pair skating, but we're under different coaches.
thanks (:

LoopLoop
05-26-2006, 10:35 AM
Wondering, two pairs skaters don't need to have the same freestyle coach. If you and your friend decide to give it a try, you will need to find a pairs coach; if one of your freestyle coaches also teaches pairs, that might be a good starting point. If not, ask your coaches for recommendations for a pairs coach. Ideally you and your partner should have similar technique in jumps and spins, because it will make it easier to synchronize them.

lovepairs
05-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Wondering,

You are so cute...yes, I think you can start pairskating. My partner is 47 and I'm 49 and we started pairskating together 4 years ago. So, yes...it is not too late for you, and boy do I wish I started when I was 14! The best of luck to you and have fun skating pairs--it's a blast! :P