View Full Version : So Proud... and yet so frustrated!

AW1
05-12-2006, 03:00 AM
Today, just 4 days short of her 5th birthday, my daughter passed her tests to the level that she is now in Aussie Skate Freestyle 1. Can't quite believe it but at the same time, am so incredibly proud. Yet so frustrated that I can't achieve that level. :frus:

Such a strange mix of emotions!

Thin-Ice
05-12-2006, 03:32 AM
Congratulations to your daughter (and her proud Mom!) You WILL get there.. it's just a matter of time and practice and endurance. And we'll all cheer you when you pass too. (I think she will too! although she may be a five-year-old by then)

SkatingOnClouds
05-12-2006, 03:53 AM
Wow, that's pretty amazing! It's been a few years since I did Aussie Skate myself, am I right in thinking she has passed Advanced and Stroking and is now in the level 1 class for jumps, edges, spins and ballet? Woo-hoo. How long has she been skating, and how many times a week? Is she having private lessons as well as Aussie Skate classes?

My 8 year old is testing for Novice 1 next weekend, maybe attempting Novice 2 as well, and she's been having Aussie Skate classesd and a few private lessons for about 5 months. There's a couple of girls in her group who are under 6, they;ve come up through Tiny Tot tests.

I am not yet in the position where my daughter is better than me, but I know the day will come, if she keeps at it. Our only hope is that our daughters tire of skating and move onto something else.:roll:

Keep at it, you'll get there. Some things will take what feels like ages, but some things will come really quickly. You can't let your little whipper-snapper put you off. Besides, maybe she can give you a few lessons ;)

AW1
05-12-2006, 05:55 AM
Wow, that's pretty amazing! It's been a few years since I did Aussie Skate myself, am I right in thinking she has passed Advanced and Stroking and is now in the level 1 class for jumps, edges, spins and ballet? Woo-hoo. How long has she been skating, and how many times a week? Is she having private lessons as well as Aussie Skate classes?

Yes today she passed Advanced & Stroking. She is in the class for jumps edges spins etc now. Though she will go to her first jump class tomorrow she can already do the tap toe & 3 jump, she only needs to know the bunny hop which I'm confident she'll pick up in no time.

She's been skating since August 05 and skates twice per week with Aussie Skate + a private lesson.

Thanks for the encouragement for me - I know I'll get there eventually but I am not getting as much practice in as I would like so that is prohibitive.

Paulie86
05-13-2006, 03:50 AM
Congratulations to your daughter. Sounds like she has quite the nack for skating! And don't give up! You will get there, it will just take lots of practice. Kids have a way of picking up things really easy and they seem to be fearless, so don't let this put you off. If you love it, just keep practicing and go at your own pace. You'll get there eventually!