View Full Version : My friend is quitting skating.

bbowie
05-09-2006, 08:39 AM
My friend just told me he is quitting. He is like my best skating friend.We used to chat about skating for hours and we were so happy.It's like he is the only one whom i can share my skating things wif . I mean the one who can really understand SKATING n i can share my joy n sadness with.

I know there will be a day that we will quit this sport . A day we will lost our passion. But i just can't believe the day happened so soon to him . He is kidda my force to skate better n improve. Now i'm kidda lost. Why i skate??What for? I cant believe few hours before i was still having my skating lesson n i was still so passion abt it but now i am questioning myself.

Evelina
05-09-2006, 08:52 AM
Sorry to hear about your friend quitting, but to be honest I think you need to skate for yourself. To have the determination to repeat the same element for weeks and months, and to put up with the falls and bruises constantly I think you really need to do it for the love of the sport. As for talking about skating don't worry, I am sure you will find lots of people at the rink more then willing to talk about it for hours! Where I skate everyone is friendly and we all talk about it constantly, and sometimes go for coffee after skating together and just spend ages deconstructing the practice session. If all else fails ther is always this forum so chin up! :)

Evelina

samba
05-11-2006, 11:51 PM
I feel your pain, when my skating buddie left the area I felt really lost, even though I had a pair skating partner at the time, it just wasnt the same, but I did eventually make new friends some at my home rink and some through this forum, its nice to meet up when out competing, playing catch-up and supporting each other.

Casey
05-12-2006, 12:22 AM
Maybe he just needs a few months off and then will be back in full force - that's what happened to me. :)

Best of luck,

VegasGirl
05-12-2006, 06:03 AM
I'm still waiting for my daughter to come back to skating again... she quit just about a year ago and won't even occassionally skate publics any more. :cry:

Mrs Redboots
05-12-2006, 06:41 AM
Nor won't mine, even though she's just moved and now lives nearer to her nearest ice-rink than we do to ours. "Oh, it's your thing, not mine!" she said - but it was she who started it all those years ago......

skating diva
06-13-2006, 07:55 PM
sorry about what happend sounds so upsetting