View Full Version : Inside slide chasse on Adult Gold Moves test

skatingatty
05-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Hi everyone-
Can someone please describe to me how the inside slide chasse move is done? I really doubt I'll be ready to take the gold moves test this year, but I'm practicing them. My coach isn't sure how it is done either, and we're just baffled looking at the diagram-- what is a "slip"? Thank you. :)

techskater
05-04-2006, 02:31 PM
It's the same as on the Intermediate test or what was previously on the Silver test, just at a different passing standard. The back outside three turn goes at the top of circle, ride out the edge a bit, bend and "slip" onto the other inside edge (kind of like you would in dance), repeat the process onto that inside edge, then do the Mohawk.

phoenix
05-04-2006, 03:11 PM
Here's a video of me demonstrating it. Please ignore the wobbly 3's on the left side!! :oops: http://phoenix.sk8rland.com/video/slide_chasse_int.moves.AVI

The slips are inside to inside edge, the free foot slides off the ice straight to the front, with no push--it's actually a *pull* from the skating foot before the step that gives you the power, like half of a power pull. Here's a video of me doing just the slips down the ice (I have to do these in EVERY lesson! And if you really want to die, try doing them w/ your arms behind your back.) Actually they are really "inside slide chasses", which show up in a few dances, if you're familiar w/ them.
http://phoenix.sk8rland.com/video/f%20slide%20chasses%209_05.AVI

Hope that's helpful!

doubletoe
05-04-2006, 03:57 PM
To add a few details, the two inside edge "slip steps" need to almost fall off of one foot onto the inside edge of the other as you slip the first foot up off the heel. This puts you onto a very deep inside edge on the new foot and if you have enough pressure against that inside edge, you should hear a "rrrip!" sound on each of those two inside edges. The judges actually listen for this "rrrip!" during the test, so try to master it. The best way is to do an entire rink length of chasse slip steps to get the rhythm of it.
Also, make sure you hold the forward inside edge as long as possible when you exit the back outside 3-turn, before doing the two inside chasse slip steps. (It will start to curve in a little, but that's okay). Then push hard on the mohawk to get to the other side or else your next lobe won't end up in the right place and you'll turn the back outside 3 too early, making you go "uphill" on the exit.
If it sounds like I'm intimate with this move, I am! I've already tested it twice because it was on the Silver MIF when I took that test, then on the Gold MIF when I took that one. Now I'm preparing for the Intermediate MIF and it's on that one, too, LOL!

vesperholly
05-05-2006, 12:12 AM
Here's a video of me demonstrating it. Please ignore the wobbly 3's on the left side!! :oops: http://phoenix.sk8rland.com/video/slide_chasse_int.moves.AVI
Those look very nice. This is a great example of slip steps.

Make sure you are always keeping your free foot stretching forward. I had a tendency to kick mine back slightly before going forward, which looks really sloppy.

mskater
05-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Hi everyone-
Can someone please describe to me how the inside slide chasse move is done? I really doubt I'll be ready to take the gold moves test this year, but I'm practicing them. My coach isn't sure how it is done either, and we're just baffled looking at the diagram-- what is a "slip"? Thank you. :)

Hi skatingatty, I'll explain to your coach about the "slip" next weed - I owe him dinner but now maybe he can treat me;] I think you'll enjoy this move sequence and find that it's not too difficult once you get the feel for it:]

skaternum
05-05-2006, 12:04 PM
skatingatty, why doesn't he just consult with Ann, the Queen of Moves?