View Full Version : pre novice competitive dance test?

litigator
05-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Question about the prenov dance test?

one of our coaches told us it was a free dance-but the skate canada site says its stroking exercises (its possible she might be confusing it with the higher dance tests).

However, I'm wondering if she needs an "amateur" to pass it, or can she do the test with her male coach as a partner-reason being, they'd like to get her ready for prenovice dance next year, so that she's up to speed, since we're still looking for a partner and this seems like the logical next step. A little late to start getting ready for juvie, esp with no partners available right now.

coaches brought up the idea of getting it and the compulsories ready over the summer/winter, but then one also said she had to do a free dance to pass it, and had to use an amateur to partner-so...does she or doesn't she-do a free dance and can she use her coach-or would we need to borrow an amateur for this???

mikawendy
05-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Do you have a copy of the current Skate Canada rulebook? You'll probably get the most accurate answers to your questions there, or at least you'll know if the rulebook has specifics on these things.

fire_ice
05-07-2006, 09:12 PM
i know that for pre novice dance test you have to do a series of stroking exercises...not a free dance. I am unsure about the coach/partner situation tho