View Full Version : Pic skate sizing

newskaker5
05-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Does anyone know about sizing for pic inline skates? I want to purchase a pai of the ladies competitor but I keep calling teh company and never get an answer. Would it be the same as a street shoe size or smaller? Thanks!

CFP
05-03-2006, 02:25 PM
hi,, i bought a pair a couple years ago,, but what i heard,, i don't think the competitor is available anymore...['russiet'--any info on this??]
i would write to them via email. i think you can print out all the foot sizing info right from thier homepage.... go to 'ordering'. they want you to trace your feet and send it to them.
i got a call from one the techs to discuss fitting because my feet are very narrow with extremely high arches... my skates can only hold 3 wheels. i was impressed with the customer service,,and it's quick!! i recieved them within a week,,,,and each time i've had to order new pics or wheels,, it's very quick!!
good luck,,,,,,,,you'lll love them!!:)

russiet
05-03-2006, 08:07 PM
When I bought my Pics about a year ago, I didn't buy the boots, only the frame set. The boots I bought from my local (relatively speaking) skate fitter. We played around with a temporary mounting, and I put other screws in once I was satisfied.

I don't like buying ANY footwear from catalogs or online, unless its an exact model that I already know is the right fit.

CFP is right, they did change the line-up. They used to have another frameset that was dark in color and came mounted on the Competitor set-up. They dropped that particular frame.

When I spoke to the owner (I think his name is John....I have email correspondence from him, but its at work) he told me the boots were Gams.

Anyway....This is my 4th year inline skating after ice-out, and my second year on Pics. You won't notice a performance difference between the two available frame sets. Abec 3 or 5 bearings are just fine. I've also skated on ABEC 7 bearings, and unless you're speed skating, it's not worth it. You might want to ask him to upgrade you to the aluminum bearing spacers (instead of plastic). He'll mix & match however you want.

I eventually bought a second set of wheels that I only use outdoors. I bought cheapies complete with bearings. http://www.inlinesports.com/wheel_temp.cfm?productid=realwheel80

Jon

CFP
05-04-2006, 11:59 AM
,, they are GAMS and the guy i always speak or write to is 'john'.
the boots are actually pretty comfortable. i was worried about ordering these online because of my 'hourglass' shaped feet, but i think you can get a's to 3a's---i think this is why they want your foot tracing. they'll fit you according to what you send them.