View Full Version : Where oh where has my toepick gone?

sue123
05-02-2006, 07:02 PM
For some reason, I couldn't do any toe jumps today. None. I kept missing my toe pick. Couldn't find it. I know most people complain about finding it too often, but I can't find it when I need it. Maybe it was just one of those days, but I couldn't do one decent toe loop today. Gah. Damn toepicks. Of course, I found them quite easily when I was heading off the ice.

crayonskater
05-02-2006, 07:17 PM
It should be on the front of your skate blade. Trust me. :halo:

Are any of your muscles tight? If so, you may be cheating the stretch-back-and-pick motion.

doubletoe
05-02-2006, 08:20 PM
You were probably not bending enough, and it's also probable that you were turning your picking foot instead of keeping it pointed straight down when you picked.
Bend your skating knee deeply going into the 3-turn, stay down low after the 3-turn and pick while you're still down low. That will pretty much guarantee you a solid pick (provided you point your toes, of course!).

SpiralSweetie09
05-08-2006, 05:15 PM
im sure you will find them again. I always do. ;) and its true. sometimes when you need them, they hide, and when you dont need them, they make an unexpected visit. Try explaining that to a coach. :P