View Full Version : In need of critique

renatele
05-01-2006, 08:56 PM
I had a very "off" day today, but used the chance of having my friend there to video-tape couple things. Please right-click and save to your computer before viewing:

8-step mohawks (http://skating.zachariahs.com/videos/05-2006/8step.wmv) - never mind that I did more repetitions that required ;)
Back power-3s (http://skating.zachariahs.com/videos/05-2006/backp3.wmv)

I see a lot of things wrong with those (and I *feel* like I usually skate better than I did today), but will welcome any and all comments. Feel free to criticize ;)

phoenix
05-01-2006, 09:14 PM
I assume you're testing standard, yes?

Based on that assumption: on both moves I'd say your biggest need is to bend your knees a LOT more & get into the ice a lot more to produce more secure edges & more speed/flow. You're kind of floating above it & not really connected. The Juvenile test is all about POWER. They want to see a BIG push through all of those back power 3's & I was told it should accelerate throughout the move.

For the 8 step, in addition to the overall power, I'd work more on the mohawk itself, making sure the exit edge is a little truer & a little smoother over all--you're skating it quite mechanically if that makes sense. Make sure your head stays up (impossible to do a good O to O mohawk if your head is at all forward/down). Also, the foot placement through the mohawk could be a little neater--in some spots it *almost* looks like the foot stepping down after the mohawk crosses behind. Not sure if it actually does, or if it's just setting down behind you a bit & creating an illusion.

Well, I didn't mean to write such a book! On the up side, your posture is quite good, & from your beginning strokes into the 8 step I can see that you're very capable of producing deeper knee bend, you just have to trust your edges more once you get some speed up to maintain the bend.

I'd say you're on your way. Hope that's helpful! ;)

vesperholly
05-02-2006, 12:19 AM
Back power 3's
These turns call for PUSH and POWER. You're doing neat, ho-hum back outside 3's with a mohawk. The flow and speed is good, but I don't see power. I don't see slow beginning steps, then pushing on the edges to build speed. Start out a little slower. You should do a wide step before the 3, and a PUSH under, then turn. The rhythm should go OUT (step), UNDER (crossover), TURN (BO3), STEP (mohawk) and repeat. To control a wide step and push and be able to do a BI 3 after it is the essence of this move.

Also, you're prerotating the turns in the upper body way too much. This is a dead giveaway that you don't have enough power if you are able to sustain such a position. If I pause the video directly before the turn, your upper body is facing forward and both feet are still skating backwards. It's like you flip your arms/shoulders forward, then the rest of your body catches up. You need to keep your left arm forward, and turn the RBO-3 underneath your arms. Your left arm should always stay in front of you throughout the move (right arm for the other side). I think this is what is causing the bounce in the turn - your arms are pulling you around too early onto an unnecessarily deep BO edge, and you're forced to pull yourself back from an unnecessarily deep FI edge after the turn in order to do the mohawk and maintain a big circle. Remember that these BO-3s are pretty shallow, they're not full lobes.

The positions look good. I see lots of little kids go through this like whirling dervishes, practically spinning from not holding anything. There should be clear positions of BO, FI, BI throughout.

Eight-step mohawk
Steps are a little choppy and stiff. Knee bend will improve this. The edge after the FO mohawk looks a little bit on your toe. Sit back on the heel of your skate a bit more. The cadence is off slightly. Each step should be exactly the same length of time. The first two steps are too quick, and the FO mohawk steps are too slow, particularly the FO edge. Have a friend with rhythm clap out the beats if you can. If you can hear the beat of music, practice this to the Fourteenstep.

I hope I don't sound too critical! You have very good flow and speed in these moves, and good posture. They are not bad at all, you just need to work on making the "primary focus" really stand out.

jenlyon60
05-02-2006, 05:02 AM
Eight-Step Mohawk: Definitely agree with the comments about needing more quickness.

The primary focus for this move is Quickness, which at the Juvenile level is defined as "Ability to execute controlled Rhythmic Movement."

If you have access to any ice dancing music, practicing this move to the 14Step would definitely help, making each step of the move 1 count in duration. If you don't have access to the 14Step, then just about any Sousa march would work, or a lot of house/club music that has a good back beat.

Back Power 3's: They appear somewhat halting on the video. I would probably expect to see comments along the lines of "Lacks Power" or "Halting execution." Power is the primary focus here, and at the Juvenile level, it is defined as 'Ability to increase speed with solid control.' The test standard states that there should be an increase in power with each turn, with even timing throughout. Also, the turns should be smooth. Vesperholly gave a good explanation of how to think about the steps (the OUT/UNDER/TURN/STEP).

Here is a link to the 2002 MIF Schools Manual that defines for each level/MIF the common errors and the test standards/general expectations.

http://www.usfigureskating.org/content/MIFSchoolManual.pdf

Hope this helps.

lovepairs
05-02-2006, 05:08 AM
I would offer a critique, but only based up the test you are indending to take. Which test are you planning to take with there particular moves?

VegasGirl
05-02-2006, 05:58 AM
Well, the only critique I can give probably won't help you much... looks great to me! :)

renatele
05-02-2006, 06:23 AM
So far great tips! Thanks!

This is for standard track, juvenile MITF. I know the moves are still very much a work in progress, 2 weeks back I couldn't even execute the whole back power 3 pattern ;) (would get too dizy and botch up CW bp3s, or grind to a dead stop on them), so I hope to keep steadily improving them.

I've learned juvenile moves mostly by myself, going by PSA moves tape. My coach was away for several months. Now that he's back, although I love working with him, he's a quite inexperienced in taking students through MITF tests, and doesn't really in some cases know what the judges are looking for (I'm still keeping him ;) but might add a MITF coach).

vesperholly: I'll have to play around with the "under" part on back 3s. Not sure I understand it fully. They did look "off" to me, though. Also, last week I was asked by my coach to hold and prerotate the 3, as I was spinning around, too ;)

jenlyon60
05-02-2006, 06:46 AM
If you get a chance, go watch several Juv MIF tests and try to find out the results. That will help you get an understanding of the expectations of judges in your area.

Having an understanding of exactly what is meant by Quickness, Power, Edge Quality, in terms of "judge speak" is also good.

When I talk to a lot of skaters, it seems like a lot of people equate Power with Speed. Power is not just being able to skate fast down the ice...Generally speaking, Power is the creation and maintenance of speed and flow without visible effort.

Quickness is more than just moving fast also. Quickness refers to foot speed. "It is the precise, rapid and crisp execution of turns, changes of edge, and transitions. Quickness does not refer to the overall pace at which the Move is skated, although in some Moves the foot speed will result in a brisk and continuous cadence."

Hope this helps.

phoenix
05-02-2006, 07:07 AM
I think getting at least a few session w/ a moves coach would be valuable. Those PSA tapes were made quite awhile ago when Moves was pretty new, & things have evolved some. In my area, the "passing standard" being demonstrated on the tapes wouldn't always be "passing" anymore. I know it's different in other places, so check w/ someone local who knows what's needed. Definitely watch a test session if you can. For example, here, we generally do a bigger circle for the 8 step--pretty much "connect the dots"--I've also seen it done in other areas like you're doing it--inside the dots. Find out what the judges want where you are.

And now knowing that these moves are only about 2 weeks old, you are coming along just fine. I wasn't sure if you were about to test or what..... They'll improve as you keep working on them. Everyone's given you good pointers.

renatele
05-02-2006, 11:35 AM
And now knowing that these moves are only about 2 weeks old, you are coming along just fine. I wasn't sure if you were about to test or what..... They'll improve as you keep working on them. Everyone's given you good pointers.

Thanks :) I've been working on them for more than 2 weeks (4-5 weeks maybe, if one doesn't count the time off due to international trip & being sick), but they started resembling the proper move only very very recently.

The pointers given were absolutely great! They gave me more understanding of some things (and I was able to "see" what it is that looked "off" on back power 3s), and as a result had a good lesson today - picked coach's brain about back power 3s, and he explained/showed to me the whole "underpush" thing, not prerotating the upper body that much but rather constant rotation, etc. I think I got the concept, and he did say that they looked better.

Thanks!!

(BTW I do hope to test fairly soon - in 3 or 7 weeks)

phoenix
05-02-2006, 11:52 AM
(BTW I do hope to test fairly soon - in 3 or 7 weeks)

If I may offer one more, unasked-for opinion, make it 7. I was surprised how tough the judging was on this test. I took it a little over a year ago--I've always been a powerful skater (on some dances I've been told NOT to push!), and had decent speed & flow, and I only barely passed (no points over). At the time I was also working on my last silver dance, to give you an idea of where I was in general. One of the judges noted that he would have liked to see more power (on the element that I had thought was very powerful!), and that the intermediate test was going to be a problem for me unless I got a lot stronger. The other thing w/ this one is, it's so short, if you lose a point on one thing you don't have much chance to make it up elsewhere.

Of course, I haven't seen the other elements, but these have a way to go before they're passing level & the power & sureness that is missing doesn't come overnight. I hope you're not offended, I just hate seeing people put things out that don't seem ready....

lovepairs
05-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Hi Renatel,

Overall, they look really good. Since you are testing the Standard Track, which has a higher passing average then the Adult Track, which means that they are going to be a little bit tougher juding this test, I would suggest the following:

On the Eight Step Mowhak: when you are on the back outside edge lean a little bit more against the imaginary "orange cone" that you are skating around. Your lean against this "cone" when you step on the forward inside is good, but on the back outside you are a little too upright on the circle (as if there were space between you and the "imaginary orange cone." You need to lean in against this cone continually throught the entire move.)

The three turns look good, but remember to push down into the ice during the turn, because on some of them it looks as though you are "jumping" the three turn.

Hope this helps.

renatele
05-02-2006, 12:30 PM
If I may offer one more, unasked-for opinion, make it 7. I was surprised how tough the judging was on this test.

I'm strongly leaning towards 7 ;) even if I could squeak by in 3, I don't think I'm going to *feel* ready to test in 3 weeks.

I hope you're not offended, I just hate seeing people put things out that don't seem ready....

Oh no! I asked for a critique, didn't I? If I wouldn't be ready to take constructive criticism (and get my ego a bit bruised), I wouldn't ask for it ;)

I'm very grateful for all the tips - some things were brought to my attention that I didn't notice.

TimDavidSkate
05-02-2006, 01:01 PM
Edges sound good & nice posture:) Maybe sometime you can start on the middle line so your pattern will be even on each circle.
~ Like the others have said, knee bend would be good. Don't feel too scared falling inside the cirlce. (In case you get ice dance judges, they will be anal about that)

When I started on that I was a mess and was terrified on tripping. I never did slip or slide thank heavens

--Back power 3's Each set up should be very deep in the back outside edge, make sure youre leaning on your right hip, take your time and dont rush each move. Try to hear those edges crunching :-)

dbny
05-02-2006, 03:10 PM
Back power 3's
You should do a wide step before the 3, and a PUSH under, then turn. The rhythm should go OUT (step), UNDER (crossover), TURN (BO3), STEP (mohawk) and repeat.

Your description totally confuses me. I read on to see if anyone else was also confused and was even more confused by other posters agreeing, so I asked my younger DD who has passed Juv MIF and had a very technical coach, and she agreed with me. There is no XO in the Juv B power 3's. The push is not the under push of the BXO, which is done with a BO edge, but is the B half swizzle portion of the BXO, which is done with the BI edge. For example, when skating the CCW side of the pattern, beginning with the intro RFI Mohawk, the steps are RFI Mh, push from LBI onto RBO into RBO 3. Where is there any "under" or XO? Maybe I just haven't understood you correctly.

icedancer2
05-02-2006, 03:17 PM
Your description totally confuses me. I read on to see if anyone else was also confused and was even more confused by other posters agreeing, so I asked my younger DD who has passed Juv MIF and had a very technical coach, and she agreed with me. There is no XO in the Juv B power 3's. The push is not the under push of the BXO, which is done with a BO edge, but is the B half swizzle portion of the BXO, which is done with the BI edge. For example, when skating the CCW side of the pattern, beginning with the intro RFI Mohawk, the steps are RFI Mh, push from LBI onto RBO into RBO 3. Where is there any "under" or XO? Maybe I just haven't understood you correctly.

I was also completely confused by this description -- I haven't been working on those back power 3s but it still doesn't make sense. Anyone else?

phoenix
05-02-2006, 03:26 PM
I've found it's hard to explain, even while demonstrating it! While you're right, there isn't a back crossover, there is a second push, and the feet will *almost* cross with the front foot lifting just before that point, as you set up the turn. The feeling is a scoop under w/ the second foot after the initial wide step/push. *sigh* I can't explain it well in writing. Anyone else want to give it a shot?

dbny
05-02-2006, 03:43 PM
I've found it's hard to explain, even while demonstrating it! While you're right, there isn't a back crossover, there is a second push, and the feet will *almost* cross with the front foot lifting just before that point, as you set up the turn. The feeling is a scoop under w/ the second foot after the initial wide step/push. *sigh* I can't explain it well in writing. Anyone else want to give it a shot?

That's what I thought you might mean, and I was looking for it and didn't see it, nor did DD. How about this: As the BI edge foot completes its push and comes over the tracing of the skating foot, the BO edge foot having taken the ice pushes in a manner similar to the under push of a BXO to power into the three.

My 2 cents on the 8 Step Mohawk:
Your shoulder rotation looked a bit mushy to me, occurring somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd steps of the pattern. Putting the rotation very precisely on the 2nd step begins the process of pushing your shoulders back into the circle, which is necessary for the FO Mohawk. By the 3rd step, your back can be firmly into the circle, making the turn easier and the BO edge truer.

techskater
05-02-2006, 08:21 PM
The CW side of the 8 step looks a little kidney bean-ish as well meaning that the step down on the Mohawk is slightly on an inside edge, not a true back outer edge. It was clearly visible on the head on towards the camera. The upper body is also not strong on this move. It needs to be definitive with the arms up and tight.

On the power threes, you must, must, must check after the three turn and make the Mohawk a power Mohawk. On the CCW side, there were a couple that just "rolled through". You also need to look less tentative. The opening was tentative and it took a while to get into them.

7 weeks is more possible for passing with these 2 moves than 3.

vesperholly
05-03-2006, 04:33 AM
You're right, it's not technically a crossover. :) The motion however is the same. The BI edge after the step should be quick - it is pushed "under" the body as the weight transfers from the BI on the mohawk to the BO preparing for the 3-turn. This push under and the check prior to the BO-3 has the free foot "crossed" over the skating foot.

I would never think of or explain that movement as a swizzle or even a BI edge in any form. The tendancy, I think, would be to try to attempt a recognizeable BI edge, instead of a transfer-type edge - an "edge" that is briefly and shallowly achieved in the transition between steps. You are stepping down on a BI edge in the wide step, but it should be a very shallow edge and is instantly pushed "under" to a BO edge. Any kind of BI edge otherwise would disrupt the pattern.

Phoenix described it right as a "scoop". For example, RBO. The STEP should be the reach out of the right foot for the wide step, the CROSS should be the right foot pushing "under" and across the pattern so that as the left foot lifts and prepares for the RBO-3, it is "crossed" over the skating foot. And I don't mean cross like a spin position - I mean the left foot should be in front of the right foot and slightly to the inside, so that the left heel is close to the right toe. Boy, this IS hard to explain!

dooobedooo
05-03-2006, 05:38 AM

Could you give an example, for counter-clockwise (anti-clockwise) sequence - RBO-RFI back 3, into LBI mohawk?

Is this "second push" something like an extra kneebend/sit on the RBO wide-stepping foot, just before you rise up onto the heel of the skate for the RBO-RFI 3-turn?

Or is it something like the 14-step run push, a kind of push with the Left Inside edge, forward away from the direction of travel, as the L foot lifts off?

dbny
05-03-2006, 11:21 AM
You're right, it's not technically a crossover. :) The motion however is the same. The BI edge after the step should be quick - it is pushed "under" the body as the weight transfers from the BI on the mohawk to the BO preparing for the 3-turn. This push under and the check prior to the BO-3 has the free foot "crossed" over the skating foot.

I would never think of or explain that movement as a swizzle or even a BI edge in any form. The tendancy, I think, would be to try to attempt a recognizeable BI edge, instead of a transfer-type edge - an "edge" that is briefly and shallowly achieved in the transition between steps. You are stepping down on a BI edge in the wide step, but it should be a very shallow edge and is instantly pushed "under" to a BO edge. Any kind of BI edge otherwise would disrupt the pattern.

Phoenix described it right as a "scoop". For example, RBO. The STEP should be the reach out of the right foot for the wide step, the CROSS should be the right foot pushing "under" and across the pattern so that as the left foot lifts and prepares for the RBO-3, it is "crossed" over the skating foot. And I don't mean cross like a spin position - I mean the left foot should be in front of the right foot and slightly to the inside, so that the left heel is close to the right toe. Boy, this IS hard to explain!

Yes, it is very hard to explain! I didn't get your first paragraph at all, but as I read on, I realized that we were talking about the same thing. I would not describe it in terms of a crossover because the free foot come off the ice so fast and the entire "crossing" takes place off ice and is barely perceptible, and maybe not even necessary. I think free foot over tracing will do it. Anyway the part that I would say most resembles a crossover in your description is the wide step, which in Charlie Butler's "Physics on Ice" segment on BXO's is described not as a step, but as an "explosion" from one foot to the other and onto a very slight BI edge with a very quick change to BO, just as you have said.

Where you say "I would never think of or explain", I think we are talking about different steps. Labelling the steps (CCW) as follows: 1 - RFI mh, 2 - LBI, 3 - RBO three, then I am talking about step 1 as being the slight swizzle (or explode-from "step"), and step 3 being the wide step to slight BI which shifts quickly to become the BO three.

icedancer2
05-03-2006, 06:05 PM
Back power 3's

Also, you're prerotating the turns in the upper body way too much. This is a dead giveaway that you don't have enough power if you are able to sustain such a position. If I pause the video directly before the turn, your upper body is facing forward and both feet are still skating backwards. It's like you flip your arms/shoulders forward, then the rest of your body catches up. You need to keep your left arm forward, and turn the RBO-3 underneath your arms. Your left arm should always stay in front of you throughout the move (right arm for the other side). I think this is what is causing the bounce in the turn - your arms are pulling you around too early onto an unnecessarily deep BO edge, and you're forced to pull yourself back from an unnecessarily deep FI edge after the turn in order to do the mohawk and maintain a big circle. Remember that these BO-3s are pretty shallow, they're not full lobes.

I have been pondering this description since I read it the other day and today I tried doing BO 3s with my arms in this position and found them to be much more difficult than with the opposite arms configuration (meaning, on a RBO3 I would like to start with my right arm in front and my left behind -- then as I rotate through the turn, I strongly check my arms/shoulders so that I end with my left arm in front and right back, keeping the left hip high so that I don't fall into the rotation.

So what I'm wondering if this is the way you do the back 3s on this move in particular, or for all back 3s? I'm mostly working them on figures using a full circle so maybe that is the difference... I was going to ask my coach about this also -- I am sure she has a take on it, since she's been teaching I think for about 50 years!!

Anyway, thanks for the discussion -- very interesting!

And it is true that as a judge I see this Juvenile Moves test as a "rite of passage" so to speak -- I like to see very strong moves, something that tells me that this person is really ready to go beyond the beginning level and will be ready to start learning and perfecting the Intermediate Moves very soon after passing this test. Strength and Power is what I am looking for.

For the Adult test I agree that we are looking for "continuous speed and flow".

Very nice renatele -- good start -- I am sure you will get these moves!!

renatele
05-03-2006, 06:28 PM
I have been pondering this description since I read it the other day and today I tried doing BO 3s with my arms in this position and found them to be much more difficult than with the opposite arms configuration (meaning, on a RBO3 I would like to start with my right arm in front and my left behind -- then as I rotate through the turn, I strongly check my arms/shoulders so that I end with my left arm in front and right back, keeping the left hip high so that I don't fall into the rotation.

When I started working on back-3s for prejuvenile test, my coach wanted me to prerotate the upper body quite strongly before the turn, and check strongly after. For this move (and since my back-3s are slowly but continuously improving), yesterday he wanted me to have more of a continuous upper body rotation throughout - I got into the habit of prerotating way too much ;) He also doesn't do a strong check after the turn for this particular move (again, it might be because I tend to overdo it).

I also got an explanation on the "under" ("scoop") part that was mentioned in this thread. Those two things together gave me some smooth acceleration on the move yesterday - probably the first time ever ;)

This has evolved into a very interesting discussion, indeed.

vesperholly
05-04-2006, 04:07 AM

You're right, if you try to keep your left arm way in front during the whole turn, it won't really work. It's not like a check before a RBO bracket. But if you start off with your right arm back already, you're just making the check on the FI edge that much harder to achieve. Your left arm should follow your shoulders - start out with a right angle, and go no farther back than your arm straight out at the side.

When I do BO-3s on a line, for example, my left arm starts out in front and then drops to the side as I enter the turn, and lifts as I exit on the FI edge so that my arms are in a checked FI edge position (left arm in front on RFI edge). My left arm tracks with my left foot throughtout the turn. But a 3-turn on the line requires a half lobe, a semi circle. The power-3s of this pattern are nowhere near a semi circle.

Pulling your left shoulder back will curve the edge. The point of this move is not to make deep edges, it's to do 3-turns immediately followed by mohawks. Checking your left arm before and after an RBO-3 will flatten out the turn to make the mohawks easier to control. If you start advancing your shoulders before the steps, this move is going to curl in on itself and become really spinny. The most important part is achieving a good check on the FI edge after the 3-turn that is controlled enough to do a mohawk and maintain the power. But the position before the turn will determine how well you can check the turn. If the entrance is screwed up, it will effect the rest of the move.

I videotaped myself doing part of the pattern the other day. Keep in mind I did this on a whim at the very end of the session so they might not be 100% precise. :)

http://download.yousendit.com/3DB86FF2393A143C (big file, 32MB!)

dbny
05-04-2006, 01:03 PM
http://download.yousendit.com/3DB86FF2393A143C (big file, 32MB!)

I've downloaded it twice and got the same thing both times. The first few seconds plays, then stops with an error message about the file possibly being corrupted. Tried it in both WinAmp and WinMedia Player.

phoenix
05-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Could you give an example, for counter-clockwise (anti-clockwise) sequence - RBO-RFI back 3, into LBI mohawk?

Is this "second push" something like an extra kneebend/sit on the RBO wide-stepping foot, just before you rise up onto the heel of the skate for the RBO-RFI 3-turn?

Or is it something like the 14-step run push, a kind of push with the Left Inside edge, forward away from the direction of travel, as the L foot lifts off?

I'm sorry, doobedoo, I didn't ignore you on purpose--I haven't been to the rink this week due to work & ice going down, so I haven't been able to go through it to work it out. Doesn't work to do it on the floor.....

But it's not like a 14-step push, at least the way I'm thinking of it. Does Vesperholly's video help at all?

dooobedooo
05-04-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm sorry, doobedoo, I didn't ignore you on purpose--I haven't been to the rink this week due to work & ice going down, so I haven't been able to go through it to work it out. Doesn't work to do it on the floor.....

But it's not like a 14-step push, at least the way I'm thinking of it. Does Vesperholly's video help at all?

Thanks, Phoenix. I tried this exercise yesterday with this thread in mind, and still couldn't get it! In fact, messed them up. But never mind - they still work OK if I stick to my usual process. :giveup: The place where I tend to lose power is on the second step of the mowhawk, but it's getting better!

vesperholly
05-04-2006, 03:15 PM
I've downloaded it twice and got the same thing both times. The first few seconds plays, then stops with an error message about the file possibly being corrupted. Tried it in both WinAmp and WinMedia Player.
Whoops! Has anyone else been able to download it?

I'll try to post a new version later tonight.

icedancer2
05-04-2006, 03:36 PM
I was able to download it fine.

Sometimes those yousendit downloads require a special thing called a Codex in order for it to play -- mine came up as a Windows Media Player file.

So, okay, you aren't leaving your opposing arm in front as much as you had described and you still have a lot of control. I probably wouldn't drop that arm, but who knows -- if it works for you, why not -- plus it does kind of get rid of that "helicopter" look that we sometimes see.

I like these kinds of discussions because it makes me a better skater (hopefully) and also a more astute judge (also hopefully).

Thank you.:bow:

dbny
05-04-2006, 05:00 PM
I was able to download it fine.

Sometimes those yousendit downloads require a special thing called a Codex in order for it to play -- mine came up as a Windows Media Player file.

But have you played it? I download from yousendit all the time. The puzzling thing is that it starts. I think if it were a codex problem it wouldn't start at all. Will DL yet again.

The reason yours opened in Win Media Player is that you have that set as the default app for avi files on your PC. You can open it with any app you like by right clicking and selecting "open with".

dbny
05-04-2006, 05:08 PM
The third DL was the charm. Guess the two previous somehow weren't clean.

jazzpants
05-04-2006, 06:13 PM
Whoops! Has anyone else been able to download it?

I'll try to post a new version later tonight.I did... then again, I have a DSL line at home. (I know! I'm spoiled rotten... :twisted: I want broadband cable at home so I can watch those streaming videos w/o it locking up once in a blue moon on me...)

Better to save to file on a disk, then play it from the copy on your disk!

dbny
05-04-2006, 09:19 PM
I did... then again, I have a DSL line at home. (I know! I'm spoiled rotten... :twisted: I want broadband cable at home so I can watch those streaming videos w/o it locking up once in a blue moon on me...)

Better to save to file on a disk, then play it from the copy on your disk!

Just about everyone now has either DSL or cable.

jazzpants
05-05-2006, 01:22 AM
Just about everyone now has either DSL or cable.That's what I thought too...until I learned of at least three people on this board who still has dial-up as of now and they tell me I'm spoiled. :P :lol: (And I sure as heck was on dialup during my trip to NYC. My in-laws phone lines couldn't handle DSL either!) :roll:

We didn't even get DSL 'til... oh, 2004? Why? My neighborhood didn't DO DSL back 'til 2004. Seems it took a while to get thru the bureaucrazy JUST to put in fiberoptic cable in place of copper phone lines so DSL WOULD work!!! :roll: Now I want cable or T1 line!!! (THEN I would be spoiled rotten!!!) :twisted: