View Full Version : Anyone have info/experience w/ Shattcuck St. Mary's school?

phoenix
04-30-2006, 01:37 PM
They run an ad in Skating magazine, & one of the girls at my rink is applying there. I'm wondering what kind of coaching is there--and are there really high level competitive skaters there? (Like junior ladies & above)? Diana Ronayne is the skating program director. I looked at their website & it didn't seem like skating was all that much of a focus (they have the school plus several other programs you can combine w/ your education--skating is one of them. There's also performing arts, soccer, hockey). It just mentions that group classes are available.

It would be great if this was a way to combine school w/ training--I'm just wondering what level of skaters they're producing.

ETA: I spelled it wrong in the thread title: should be Shattuck St. Mary's

coskater64
04-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Dianne R. was the coach for Ryan Jahnke, and Parker Pennington this year, she is an excellent coach out of the Broadmoor FSC. She has a solid reputation and is well respected.

phoenix
04-30-2006, 03:10 PM
That's really good to hear! Thanks!

WeirFan06
04-30-2006, 03:32 PM
I always thought it was more of a hockey school... If they only have one ice surface (I'm not sure if they do or not) it might be worth it to see how much time is dedicated to hockey vs. figure skating. Regardless, when I was young I would have loved to go to ANY school that offered skating!!! Good luck.

phoenix
04-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Their site says they have 2 surfaces. Apparently their hockey program has been there for a long time & the figure skating program is new.