View Full Version : sport trainer/ physical therapist

froggy
04-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Anyone know a good physical therapist in long island specializing in sports medicine and pref who has worked with skaters ?

thanks!

passion
04-27-2006, 06:46 PM
I am not in your area, however, I have found through experience a good physiotherapist is one who is not necessarily attached to a big name centre. An excellent physio is one who truly cares, who does not turn patients out fast to make lots of money, one who has excellent analytical skills so that even if they don't skate, you can show them what you mean and they can figure out which muscles are at work.

sue123
04-27-2006, 06:50 PM
Anyone know a good physical therapist in long island specializing in sports medicine and pref who has worked with skaters ?

thanks!

PM'ed you.

Mrs Redboots
04-28-2006, 07:57 AM

thanks!That sounds rather ominous - what have you done to yourself?

froggy
04-28-2006, 12:42 PM
That sounds rather ominous - what have you done to yourself?

thanks for the concern thats sweet of you. thank G-d I didn't injure myself but I'm worried I'm placing myself in a position where it may happen. I already got a shin splint from jumproping and my right landing leg is so often in throbbing pain-and its not like I'm doing doubles. Basically id like a PT to do a thorough eval on me and set me up on a program to condition and strengthen me to PREVENT injury :o). I have also noticed in ballet class my instructer has to constently come up to me to correct my position i have horendous turn out on one side which may be do to a pelvic obliquity that id like a therapist to look at.

Mrs Redboots
04-28-2006, 02:52 PM
That sounds like a very good idea, particularly if you are one of us older ones. Or even if you aren't....

samba
05-01-2006, 02:02 AM
Hi froggy

I have PM'd you, hope it helps.

Cheers
Grace

passion
05-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Good luck Froggy. I think that is an excellent idea. Prevention is always the best medicine rather than waiting for something really serious to happen.