View Full Version : Blade/Boot progression

AndreaUK
04-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Hi

I am an adult beginner and I am currently skating on Risport Anteas which I find very comfortable but I believe these are only a beginners boot.
I was wondering what the difference is between boots and blades and at what stage do I need to upgrade to a better quality boot/blades.

At the moment the Risports are fine for me and I find skating so much easier and enjoyable than in those horrid hire skates. Im finding that I can turn and do the basics in these boots.

Andrea xx

Mrs Redboots
04-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Basically, what you have now will probably last you until they break down - you will know when that is happening, and if you don't, your coach will. Depending on how fast you progress (and whether you are still growing, of course), this will take anything between six months and several years.

At which time, be guided by him or her as to where to go to get new ones - there are two really good fitters in the UK, one in Coventry and one outside Reading, and really, it's worth making a trip to one or the other of them. But you needn't worry about that just yet. In six months or so, if your boots are still fine, you may want to get a pair of Coronation Ace blades to put on them, but that, too, can wait.

Enjoy your skates and your skating.

skatingdoris
04-27-2006, 12:35 PM
to add to Mrs Redboots list of really good fitters, one who will be closer to you is Ian Robertson in Blackburn - do you skate there?

he is an execellent fitter and seems to have almost every brand of boots going. I would also reccomend him as a sharpner if are this side of manchester

AndreaUK
04-27-2006, 01:57 PM
to add to Mrs Redboots list of really good fitters, one who will be closer to you is Ian Robertson in Blackburn - do you skate there?

he is an execellent fitter and seems to have almost every brand of boots going. I would also reccomend him as a sharpner if are this side of manchester

Yes I do skate at Blackburn, I am a beginner and am aiming to go twice a week but we will see how the money goes. Ian Robertson does sharpen my blades or at least I think its him. He is from Blackburn, he is called Ian and he visits the shop that I bought my skates from to do sharpenings every fortnight. I didnt know that he also did fittings, if this is the case i will visit him when Im advised I need different blades/boots :D

Thankyou guys

Andrea xx