View Full Version : Looking for Custom Harlick Experience on E Coast

dbny
04-26-2006, 03:39 PM
If anyone has had custom Harlicks fitted by either Tim Murray (Skate for Gold, in Hicksville, or at Lake Placid) or by Dante Cozzi, please PM me about your experience. I'm getting close to being able to get new boots, and would like as much info as possible before I decide whether to go with Klingbeils again or switch to Harlicks. Please don't post here, as only want very specific info about these two fitters.

NaomiBeth1
04-26-2006, 09:01 PM
If anyone has had custom Harlicks fitted by either Tim Murray (Skate for Gold, in Hicksville, or at Lake Placid) or by Dante Cozzi,
I was fitted by Tim for Harlicks. I like Tim very much, but I would not recommend Harlicks at all. Everyone I have spoken to either loves them or hates them. Had a sharpening once by Dante...and he practically ruined my blades. Since almost everyone I've spoken to loves Klingbeils, that would be my recommendation and likely my pair of skates will be Klingbeils too. Anything other than Klingbeils...I'd say you can't go wrong with Tim.

Good Luck!

dbny
04-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Since almost everyone I've spoken to loves Klingbeils, that would be my recommendation and likely my pair of skates will be Klingbeils too.

Guess you haven't seen my other threads about my problems with my custom Klingbeils and my feet, which are collapsing. I pretty much now believe that my Klingbeils have never fit me properly. I've been back five times this season and last alone, and nothing that Don's done has helped. The reason I'm looking at Harlicks is the section of their FAQ that deals with pronation.

I know Tim. He sharpens my blades, and my daughter's Gold Seals. I've spoken with him quite a bit about fitting various different boots for some of my students and friends. I just don't have an specific info about fitting Harlicks. I asked for PM's because I really don't want to promote any dirty laundry here.

Re Dante & blade sharpening, I've heard all kinds of things, both good and bad. Ultimately, if you talk to enough people, you will hear negatives about everyone. Another reason I asked for very specific info via PM.