View Full Version : Very Excited: Potential to acquire lots of stuff!

Skittl1321
04-25-2006, 07:31 PM
My Pilates instructors child has decided to quit skating for ballet, so she is going to sell me all of her stuff! The girl wears the same size shoe as me and has a wide foot so I am hoping I can fit into her boots. She is working on an axel now, but I outweigh her by probably 40 pounds, so I am hoping they will be around the level of stiffness I need.

Even if the skates don't work I am hopeful about the clothes. I should be able to get all the (unused) tights, and skirts, and maybe a few of the dresses.

YAY for cheap skating clothes. I go to try them on Friday.
I am going to email her tomorrow and see if she will look on the skates to tell me the brand/ type so I can research them a bit. Do you know if the model will show up on the boot somewhere- or just the brand? The brand won't tell me much. She didn't know if she still had the box.

dbny
04-25-2006, 09:48 PM
The model is usually inside the ankle area of the boots. I know that's true for Riedell and Harlicks, not sure about the others.

Skittl1321
04-26-2006, 06:03 AM
Thanks- if she can't find it, hopefully I can.

I imagine they will be Jacksons or Reidell's - those are the most popular US brands- aren't they?

VegasGirl
04-26-2006, 07:58 AM
Hm, just a question on the side... but what does acquiring her skating gear have to do with her quitting ballet? ;) :halo:

Skittl1321
04-26-2006, 08:28 AM
Hm, just a question on the side... but what does acquiring her skating gear have to do with her quitting ballet? ;) :halo:

hmm typed this the wrong way. She's quitting skating to focus on ballet. So I meant quit skating.

VegasGirl
04-27-2006, 07:29 AM
I figured something like that... just couldn't help pointing it out though. :oops: