View Full Version : I have to share my joy with everyone

Mercedeslove
04-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Because I think only you all would understand.

I'm offically at freestyle 1. I passed today! I'm so happy!

I'm going to have some one sew my patches on to a jacket for me.

Sk8pdx
04-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Congrats to you Mercedeslove for passing FS 1:bow:
Yes, we skaters are in an elite group of understanding one another. Sometimes we get very wrapped up in seeing such tiny progressions in our skating it can be discouraging. On the other hand, when we see larger accomplishments like passing a test, it gives us so much joy! I am right there with you. Plus having your FS 1 badge gives you something tangible to actually show someone. (like your friends who do not skate and might not understand how wrenching it was just to get your free leg up high enough on your fwd spirals for heaven's sake!) We don't give ourselves ribbons and prizes when we increase our back spin by 1 more rotation or reward ourselves for a sweetly checked out landing on a waltz jump. But Hey! when we pass a test it IS something BIG. (whether it is FS 1 or your Senior MIF in USFS) You deserve to drink champagne and eat chocolate! Celebrate!

SkatingOnClouds
04-24-2006, 10:40 PM
Way to go !!!! Wear that badge with pride.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Mercedeslove
04-24-2006, 10:41 PM
Congrats to you Mercedeslove for passing FS 1:bow:
Yes, we skaters are in an elite group of understanding one another. Sometimes we get very wrapped up in seeing such tiny progressions in our skating it can be discouraging. On the other hand, when we see larger accomplishments like passing a test, it gives us so much joy! I am right there with you. Plus having your FS 1 badge gives you something tangible to actually show someone. (like your friends who do not skate and might not understand how wrenching it was just to get your free leg up high enough on your fwd spirals for heaven's sake!) We don't give ourselves ribbons and prizes when we increase our back spin by 1 more rotation or reward ourselves for a sweetly checked out landing on a waltz jump. But Hey! when we pass a test it IS something BIG. (whether it is FS 1 or your Senior MIF in USFS) You deserve to drink champagne and eat chocolate! Celebrate!

I'm actually entering FS1. I passed Delta to enter FS1. Either way I'm totally excited and it makes me :_D

Thanks for all the good and happy words, I will think of the tomorrow morning when I skate.

Mercedeslove
04-24-2006, 10:42 PM
Way to go !!!! Wear that badge with pride.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Thank you!

Sk8pdx
04-24-2006, 11:04 PM
I'm actually entering FS1. I passed Delta to enter FS1. Either way I'm totally excited and it makes me :_D

Thanks for all the good and happy words, I will think of the tomorrow morning when I skate.

oops, :halo: I misinterpreted your post. Either way, you still deserve chocolate! Thank you for clarifying for me.

Rusty Blades
04-24-2006, 11:20 PM
Congrats Mercedeslove - WELL DONE!!!!

I share your joy and revell in your accomplishment!

(I finally started hitting my one-foot backward glides tonight and feel like I have won something to. What was that about "tiny progressions"?)

Wow, a FS1 - pretty neat!

Mercedeslove
04-24-2006, 11:47 PM
Congrats Mercedeslove - WELL DONE!!!!

I share your joy and revell in your accomplishment!

(I finally started hitting my one-foot backward glides tonight and feel like I have won something to. What was that about "tiny progressions"?)

Wow, a FS1 - pretty neat!

Thanks!

And good luck to you Rusty! Before you know it those glides will be triple axels! So keep up the good work.

and as for the FS1 I'm still in shock myself.

TashaKat
04-25-2006, 12:18 AM
Congratulations :bow: :D

Mrs Redboots
04-25-2006, 05:49 AM
Excellent! Congratulations! :bow: :bow: :bow:

cassarilda
04-25-2006, 06:04 AM
CONGRATS!!!!!! :)

Ive yet to pass any tests, but Im sure I will be just as ecstatic when I pass my prelims! :D

Isk8NYC
04-25-2006, 07:03 AM
You'll be working on FS2 before you know it! Congrats!

VegasGirl
04-25-2006, 07:32 AM
and as for the FS1 I'm still in shock myself.

Congrats and I know what you mean... I never thought I'd see that day either but I did and went beyond... so will you!!!

Skittl1321
04-25-2006, 07:44 AM
Congratulations! I can't wait till I can say the same thing- but right now I'm only in Basic 4 :(

flo
04-25-2006, 09:34 AM
Woo hoo!!!!!

SpiralSweetie09
05-07-2006, 05:55 PM
I passed mine about a week ago! Im on Freeskate 1 also! And I love it! so much!
Best of luck in skating
~lauren~

lovepairs
05-07-2006, 06:06 PM
A Big Congrats To Both Of You!!!! Weeeee Whoooo!!!

Mercedeslove
05-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Thanks!

WTG sprialsweetie. It's an awesome feeling.

NickiT
05-08-2006, 02:32 AM
Great news. Congratulations!

Nicki