View Full Version : New with questions!

tearyxink
04-22-2006, 10:13 PM
Hi I'm new here. I'm 15 years old and I just started skating back in January.

When I went, the kids I went with reccommended renting hockey skates, so I did. And I've been going every friday ever since. Only, I've been renting. Now I've gotten more serious with wanting to skate and I'm looking to buy my own hockey skates.

What do you reccommend for what I suppose you would call recreational hockey skates?

My dad was browsing online and came across these (http://www.americanhockeycenter.com/hockey_skates/images/v6.jpg) and he thinks they look good.

And when you buy skates, do you have to sharpen them before use?

thanks!

tearyxink
04-22-2006, 10:35 PM
anybody:??

beachbabe
04-22-2006, 10:51 PM
well most people on here are figure skaters, but yes you definately have to sharpen skates before using them.

as for picking hockey skates...ask a hockey coach and they would surely know more than us figure skaters lol

tearyxink
04-22-2006, 10:58 PM
well most people on here are figure skaters, but yes you definately have to sharpen skates before using them.

as for picking hockey skates...ask a hockey coach and they would surely know more than us figure skaters lol

alrighty, thanks!

i don't play hockey, i just find hockey skates easier to skate in.

cassarilda
04-23-2006, 02:08 AM
alrighty, thanks!

i don't play hockey, i just find hockey skates easier to skate in.

You wont be able to do as much fancy stuff in hockey skates.. they are fine for just general skating, but for spins and jumps etc, you will really need figure skates (someone stop me here if Im wrong ;) )....

Welcome and good luck! :)

KiZa_32
04-24-2006, 02:35 AM
You wont be able to do as much fancy stuff in hockey skates.. they are fine for just general skating, but for spins and jumps etc, you will really need figure skates (someone stop me here if Im wrong ;) )....

Welcome and good luck! :)

i agree.....for the spins and jumps you will need proper figure skates....if your only wanting 2 do normal rec skating then hockey skates

icemomma
04-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Hockey skates that are good are Easton brand, CCM tacks, Bauer Vapors to list a few.

TashaKat
04-25-2006, 12:20 AM
I've got CCM Super Tac(?K)s (somewhere) and they're really nice boots. A lot of the hockey players on our teams wear them (or certainly used to). My ex pig was a semi pro hockey play (played for the UK) and swore by them.