View Full Version : just curious about ISE blades

beachbabe
04-20-2006, 05:43 PM
well, I have seen these at some of the websites but what are they? Is it just some new company b/c I've never hear dof them before.

The seem to have a model comprable to coronation ace (sterling), but priced at a third of what coronation ace would be. saw it here (http://www.skate-mart.com/catalog/blades2.shtml) for only $55

Anyone tried them, because if they really are any good might aswell give them a try...thats a total bargain

luna_skater
04-20-2006, 06:16 PM
They've been around for a number of years. I know a few people who have them, and haven't heard complaints from them.

icedancer2
04-20-2006, 06:34 PM
A lot of people in my area are starting to use them -- apparently they are very similar to MK/Wilson, but are made in Canada and as you notice, a lot cheaper.

I really do think the whole blade pricing thing is out of whack, actually so I'm glad to see a company that is at least trying to be more reasonable!:)

beachbabe
04-20-2006, 08:36 PM
A lot of people in my area are starting to use them -- apparently they are very similar to MK/Wilson, but are made in Canada and as you notice, a lot cheaper.

I really do think the whole blade pricing thing is out of whack, actually so I'm glad to see a company that is at least trying to be more reasonable!:)

if the quality is comparable..i think i might give them a try. I absolutely agree that baldes which are really worth $20 are sold for $500. I mean I know stainless steel from sheffield is not the cheapest due to high production costs but thats exactly what these blades are worth, $20- all blades are

from coronation aces to gold seals and everytihng in between- i nkow for a fact the production does not cost more than $20-i jsut wonder who is sweeping in all this money because selling blades for more than $100 in my opinion is like robbing people. Unfortunately we have no choice, maybe i'll get these to rebel lol

jp1andOnly
04-20-2006, 09:12 PM
I had them and quite liked them. If I was looking for a new pair of blades I would consider them as a good option

beachbabe
04-20-2006, 09:47 PM
ooooo update...I ordered me some ISE stealth blades. I don't really need new blades but I seriously want to try these out. Will let everyone know how they are. I'm excited

dooobedooo
04-21-2006, 04:07 AM
from coronation aces to gold seals and everytihng in between- i nkow for a fact the production does not cost more than $20-i jsut wonder who is sweeping in all this money because selling blades for more than $100 in my opinion is like robbing people. Unfortunately we have no choice, maybe i'll get these to rebel lol

All John Wilson and MK blades are much cheaper in the UK (half the price!). Coronation Ace retail at around 90 GBP over here. I think the difference must be accounted for by US import duties and "middlemen".

Those ISE blades sound interesting - let us know how you get on with them!

sue123
04-21-2006, 07:27 AM
All John Wilson and MK blades are much cheaper in the UK (half the price!). Coronation Ace retail at around 90 GBP over here. I think the difference must be accounted for by US import duties and "middlemen".

Those ISE blades sound interesting - let us know how you get on with them!

There's also the conversion factor. 90 GBP is about 160-180 US dollars. So it's actually about the same price. I paid around $150 for my Coronation Aces. He said it's cheaper than what it normally goes for, but he needed to make room in his supply room.

flying~camel
04-21-2006, 10:01 AM
I'd be more interested in the ISE blades if they didn't all (from what I could find) have 8' rockers :??

beachbabe
04-21-2006, 02:51 PM
I'd be more interested in the ISE blades if they didn't all (from what I could find) have 8' rockers :??

well alot of blades claim to have 8" rockers, but really don't. Like I think its either mk or wilson that i read somewhere that they say the rockers are 8" but are really around 6", while the other company (I don't remeber which of the 2) is true to the 7" they claim. IMO unless you've got comets the balde rocker doesn't take a huge adjustment but will give you more speed. When a long while ago i switched to aces from ultima miarges i lost some speed and didn't see a huge improvement in spinning so i think the rocker is really somewhat of a gimmick unless it is extreme like comets.

plus the stealth baldes that i ordered have a solid toe plate, I've never had a solid toe plate so i wonder how that will turn out and if it makes a difference.