View Full Version : Testing - jumping from standard track to adult track

renatele
04-20-2006, 11:04 AM
I'm not up to date on all the changes that went in effect last year regarding crossing over from standard to adult track, so hope someone here has more knowledge/understanding of the system.

This question is about MITF. If (when) I pass juvenile MITF, which is, I think, equivalent to adult silver moves, can I test adult gold moves without taking other adult MITF tests?

Thanks!

TreSk8sAZ
04-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Yes, when you pass Juv MITF your next tests are Silver FS, Gold MITF and Gold FS. You then begin with the Intermediate tests again.

jazzpants
04-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Yes, when you pass Juv MITF your next tests are Silver FS, Gold MITF and Gold FS. You then begin with the Intermediate tests again.And I believe if you do pass your Intermediate MITF test that's the equilvalent of Gold MITF.

Oh, here 'ya go! This should tell 'ya everything!!!

http://www.usfigureskating.org/content/05Adults-ROA.pdf

cecealias
04-20-2006, 07:29 PM
But if you do pass your Gold MITF and have only tested on Adult Track, you still need to test Intermediate MITF if you decide to move over to standard track. Weird but true.

renatele
04-20-2006, 07:36 PM
Thanks, jazzpants! I remember seeing that document before, but couldn't locate it ;)

And I believe if you do pass your Intermediate MITF test that's the equilvalent of Gold MITF.

Ah yes, the *equivalent*. I'd love to put in "gold mitf" on my future skating resume, though ;) in case I never make it to senior mitf.

But if you do pass your Gold MITF and have only tested on Adult Track, you still need to test Intermediate MITF if you decide to move over to standard track. Weird but true.

Probably because adult gold passing average is 3.0, intermediate is 3.2, and adult gold doesn't include back power stroking with back power 3s (hmm, just now realized that adult test structure doesn't include juvenile back power 3s, either!)

jazzpants
04-20-2006, 08:09 PM
Ah yes, the *equivalent*. I'd love to put in "gold mitf" on my future skating resume, though ;) in case I never make it to senior mitf.Yeah and get your name down on a future edition of Skating Magazine too!!! ;) (They do list Gold Moves... the only reason why I remembered that is b/c I saw FrankR's entry from last month's Skating Magazine for his passing his Gold Moves a few months back...)

And here's something FrankR should bookmark too (http://www.usfsa.org/content/laurels_gold%20web%20oct%20nov%2005.pdf)!!! :P :lol:

flo
04-21-2006, 10:05 AM
The equilavents are better than they were, which was nothing, but still wierd. My next pairs test would be intermediate pairs, for which I'd take intermediate moves. It would cut out too many potential partners.

sk8nlizard
04-21-2006, 10:13 AM
I have 2 question regarding adult skating levels. I was a higher level competitive skater (passed senior moves, and freestyle). I am now 23 years old. 1st question...what level would I be required to compete at? Is it broken down by age? How old do I have to be? 2nd...at this level, what are the adults typically doing? Oh, by the way I am a female, I don't know if this makes a difference. Thanks

sk8er1964
04-21-2006, 10:42 AM
You would be a masters senior I.

Masters = standard intermediate freestyle and above, senior = your standard track test (which is actually junior and senior for this group), and I = your age group. The new minimum age is 21, so you would be eligible to compete, and since you've passed higher than intermediate free, you don't have to take any other tests.

If you were to skate in championship masters at sectionals, then all the masters ages and levels (masters novice, masters junior, and masters senior) would be combined. At championship level many of the ladies have all the doubles except for the 2axel. I believe this year's winner at AN had a 2axel. I've seen a couple of attempted 3toes, but triples are extremely rare.

Open events, especially at the lower masters levels, have fewer doubles.

flying~camel
04-21-2006, 10:55 AM
YI believe this year's winner at AN had a 2axel. I've seen a couple of attempted 3toes, but triples are extremely rare.

This year's winner had a gorgeous double axel and a couple of other competitors attempted, but did not cleanly land, double axels.

techskater
04-21-2006, 12:42 PM
No triples have been successful in Ladies in the Masters category as of yet. A few men have landed them, the first being Larry Holliday.

doubletoe
04-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Also, there are generally not enough Masters skaters to break them down by both level and age class. If you are Masters Senior, you will want to compete in the Championship Masters competition.

emma
04-21-2006, 03:36 PM
Yikes ,why would you want to switch over? I just finished adult gold moves and now have to switch over and do the same test again except with added power perimiter 3,s so i can do novice moves. You cant go any higher in the adult track then the golds why change? But to answer your question you will be able to take gold moves if you pass juv. moves.

doubletoe
04-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Yeah and get your name down on a future edition of Skating Magazine too!!! ;) (They do list Gold Moves... the only reason why I remembered that is b/c I saw FrankR's entry from last month's Skating Magazine for his passing his Gold Moves a few months back...)

And here's something FrankR should bookmark too (http://www.usfsa.org/content/laurels_gold%20web%20oct%20nov%2005.pdf)!!! :P :lol:

Yeah, but the magazine wasn't listing tests passed during the month my Gold MIF and FS would have been posted! :cry: The following month they posted the tests that were passed the month after mine. . .

But getting the gold pins to put on my club jacket was kind of nice! :D