View Full Version : Will the rink be crowded?

sue123
04-19-2006, 09:02 PM
I'm planning on going to a public session tomorrow afternoon, but it's spring break for the kids in public school now. So do you think the rink should be crowded tomorrow? It's usually not too bad, and it is the springtime, so I'm keeping my fingers crosswed that it won't be too bad.

phoenix
04-19-2006, 09:26 PM
So do you think the rink should be crowded tomorrow?

Yes. And there may be a disco ball involved...... :twisted:

(speaking from personal experience...)

LauraLa
04-19-2006, 09:31 PM
We had spring break in our city last week, and the rink was a complete zoo! I'm glad things are back to "normal" now. I went to this morning's public session and was delighted to be the first one out on the ice after the zamboni. There were like 10 of us. Bliss.

On the other hand, it was kind of nice to see so many kids out skating and having fun last week. I just didn't want to be in the middle of it!

Scarlett
04-20-2006, 05:23 AM
It will be fairly crowded. It is still doable if you go to an early morning public session. Anything after 11 am is going to be a madhouse but most spring breakers that are complete beginner skaters are not going to get up at 8 am so they can go to the rink.

Lippylulu
04-20-2006, 06:20 AM
We have been skating all week at the public sessions. The weather has been gorgeous so the rink has not been crowded at all. I imagine Friday night will still be a zoo, but during the day its been delightful.

sue123
04-20-2006, 07:18 AM
It will be fairly crowded. It is still doable if you go to an early morning public session. Anything after 11 am is going to be a madhouse but most spring breakers that are complete beginner skaters are not going to get up at 8 am so they can go to the rink.

Unfortunatly, I can't go to an early morning session. I have class. I'm crossing my fingers that because of the really nice weather, none of the spring breakers will think ice skating is something to do. I'll be going for a 1 pm public session, which usually has 2 skaters on the ice. Me and one other person. I'll just see how it goes.

beachbabe
04-20-2006, 02:40 PM
depends...I went to the the rink during spring break and it had no more people then if you skip school and go on a regular week. If your rink has a lot of teen skaters though...prolly will be hell.

jazzpants
04-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Unfortunatly, I can't go to an early morning session. I have class. I'm crossing my fingers that because of the really nice weather, none of the spring breakers will think ice skating is something to do. I'll be going for a 1 pm public session, which usually has 2 skaters on the ice. Me and one other person. I'll just see how it goes.I just went skating on an afternoon public session and it was definitely NOT crowded! We have nice sunny weather... for a change!!! :twisted: (But not for long... it's RAINING AGAIN this weekend!!!) :frus:

sue123
04-20-2006, 08:06 PM
I went to the rink today, it wasn't bad actually, it was pretty nice. Not too many people, mostly younger figure skaters. A couple were more advanced, one girl was doing doubles, and another had some awesome spins. Only a couple people who didn't know how to skate. After about an hour, the rink was actually almost empty. So it was all good, guess the nice weather meant people wanted to go outside. The mini golf place that's in the same park complex as the ice rink was packed.