View Full Version : Elite coaches & choreographer - If you had a choice

TimDavidSkate
04-18-2006, 02:08 PM
If you had a week to spend the time with a coach and/or choreographer for FREE all expense paid, who would you chose?

I would like;
Coach: Tatiana and Rafael
Choreographer: Sarah Kawahara

phoenix
04-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Truthfully, I'm very lucky to say I'd stay with my own. I've thought about this when I've looked at various camps--unless I want to go somewhere for the sake of the trip too (like Sun Valley one of these years), I'd really rather spend the money taking extra lessons from my own coach.

Oops, just saw the poll. I'd go w/ Tatiana Tarasova. She taught my coach & he respects her to no end.

jazzpants
04-18-2006, 02:25 PM
What? No Lori Nichols???? Her or Morosov for my choice for choreography!

As for coach: Most definitely Frank Carroll!!! :P

But so far, I'm very happy with "Team Jazzpants" (and yes, that includes the Moves Guru and Emanuele.)

Mrs Redboots
04-19-2006, 05:28 AM
Several names missing from your poll - what about Natalia Dubova, or Christopher Dean (who would be my first choice of choreographer), or Jimmy Young or Joan Slater or Diane Towler-Green..... or Mishin, for the free skaters, come to that?!

TimDavidSkate
04-19-2006, 07:02 AM
Several names missing from your poll - what about Natalia Dubova, or Christopher Dean (who would be my first choice of choreographer), or Jimmy Young or Joan Slater or Diane Towler-Green..... or Mishin, for the free skaters, come to that?!

It only gives me 12 max for options :halo:

VegasGirl
04-19-2006, 07:23 AM
Had to vote for other since I have no idea who any of those people are (stone me if you will)... I'd just like to have my own coach back.

iceskaterdawn
04-19-2006, 06:09 PM
I actually had the opportunity to have Frank Carroll as a coach (he actually really enjoys working with adult skaters!), but I no longer am skating. If I were to start skating again I would go back to him in a heartbeat. I just loved his style of coaching. It suited me perfectly. The only downside is that he would be gone for a week or two at a time when he was traveling to coach his elite skaters. I also had two of his former students, Michael Chack and Tiffany Chin, as coaches before working with Frank.

icedancer2
04-19-2006, 06:17 PM
I picked Mozorov -- not because of his choreography, style, et.c, but because I would imagine that he might skate with me, which would be nice. My other choice is Igor, but I'm not sure he would skate with his students.

All of those other people might be great, but I prefer a dancer (Tarosova kind of reminds me of my coach!!!).