View Full Version : What? No Poll Bronze & Silver Skaters?

TimDavidSkate
04-16-2006, 08:07 PM
Why not start a threat for Bronze and Silver Skaters? :halo:

I plan on staying in silver at least two more seasons. Chicago then wherever it is after.

jazzpants
04-16-2006, 08:14 PM
There is one now!!! :P (BTW: I started the two threads b/c of the conversation on the GC thread about the change in the "Well Balanced Program for Championship Gold." saras's comment on the thread prompted me to post the polls up. :twisted: )

I would reply to the poll, but I'm only a lowly Pre-Bronze FS skater! :twisted: :roll:

TimDavidSkate
04-16-2006, 08:19 PM
Oh crap, sorry, wanna create a pre-bronze thread jazzy? :halo:

Raye
04-16-2006, 11:32 PM
I voted myself in Other, because I never skated as a child, but neither am I a true adult beginner, I started at age 17 and skated for nearly five years before being off the ice for 25 years.

I remember things being easier to learn back then than they are now.

But I also remember being eclipsed by a 12 year old sister who seemed to learn everything three times as quickly as I did back then.

Now I am being eclipsed by my granddaughter, who after a year and a half, has caught up to me and will whizz right past before spring school is over....:giveup:

Mercedeslove
04-16-2006, 11:52 PM
I don't know which one to answer. I've only been skating for eight weeks but will be testing for Freestyle 1 next week. Not sure where that is at with the adult bronze, silver, and Gold stuff.

I want to try and skate at AN because it's here in my hometown.

Clarice
04-17-2006, 08:45 AM
I'm Silver level, and I really am an adult skater, having started when I was 37. I'm working on Gold Moves, but am nowhere close on an axel. Considering how marginal my camel spin is, I'm much better off staying Silver for quite some time anyway. The plan before Chicago ANs is to improve quality, not necessarily add difficulty. I'll wait until after Governing Council, then make decisions about program content.

MusicSkateFan
04-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Onward to Silver Moves and FS.....I have been practicing 3turns in the field along with cross strokes and power pulls....Axel drills and axel attempts are creeping into the routine now too!8O

jazzpants
04-17-2006, 10:52 AM
I plan on staying in silver at least two more seasons. Chicago then wherever it is after.So does this mean you have passed Silver Moves and FS??? Are congratulations in order??? :D

TimDavidSkate
04-17-2006, 11:02 AM
So does this mean you have passed Silver Moves and FS??? Are congratulations in order??? :D

Oh I wish!!! I yet have to take it this June or July... :lol: I have not even started on preparing for it :halo:

jazzpants
04-17-2006, 12:06 PM
Oh I wish!!! I yet have to take it this June or July... :lol: I have not even started on preparing for it :halo:Oh, man! I would get crackin' then. As you already know, those judges on the moves tests can be scary picky, especially if you end up with a panel of judges with ice dance background!!! :frus:

TimDavidSkate
04-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Oh, man! I would get crackin' then. As you already know, those judges on the moves tests can be scary picky, especially if you end up with a panel of judges with ice dance background!!! :frus:

ugh I know, they are very detailed on the head-hand-leg-toe positions. Plus the thing I hate about tests is the dreaded blade noises I make when I make mistakes.

blue111moon
04-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Silver Until Death. :P

skaternum
04-17-2006, 02:01 PM
Silver Until Death.
Me too! Vive les SUDs.

skaternum
04-17-2006, 02:03 PM
Oh I wish!!! I yet have to take it this June or July... :lol: I have not even started on preparing for it :halo:You never learn, do you? One can't BS one's way through a moves test the way one can through a competition. Better get cracking, lest the cries of "sandbagging" start up!

TimDavidSkate
04-17-2006, 02:03 PM

I like that :P I wish sometime in the future there will be a championship qualifying thing for nationals for silver level ;)

TimDavidSkate
04-17-2006, 02:13 PM
You never learn, do you? One can't BS one's way through a moves test the way one can through a competition. Better get cracking, lest the cries of "sandbagging" start up!

Oh Ms. Skaternum, how wonderful you are :twisted: Wanna have coffee with my sometime my dear? 8-)

I dont intend to stay Bronze at all. The real competition is at the Silver and Gold level (MEN), and I would not want to miss those :halo:

badaxel
04-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Ooh, Ooh, Can I join the SUD Club? I hate the axel so much, I can't imagine learning double jumps. I think I will just work on those two spins that we get in our programs.

e-skater
04-18-2006, 08:58 AM
I dont intend to stay Bronze at all. The real competition is at the Silver and Gold level, and I would not want to miss those :halo:

Hey, TDS, thanks so much for the insult! I'm competing at the lowly Bronze level this weekend, and, to make it even lower, not even a "technical". It is "only" a showcase event. I'm thrilled to be skating in a group of better skaters, but.....guess I'll have to wait until my next lifetime, or two or three, before I can make it to the "real competition".......:P

TimDavidSkate
04-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Hey, TDS, thanks so much for the insult! I'm competing at the lowly Bronze level this weekend, and, to make it even lower, not even a "technical". It is "only" a showcase event. I'm thrilled to be skating in a group of better skaters, but.....guess I'll have to wait until my next lifetime, or two or three, before I can make it to the "real competition".......:P

So sorry, I didnt mean it like that. :halo:

e-skater
04-18-2006, 04:01 PM
So sorry, I didnt mean it like that. :halo:

:roll: Oh, right, tee hee! Ok, enough on that topic. Unless you want to be "forever Bronze", guess you'd better get ta workin' on passing those Silver moves, eh??????? :) :twisted:

Kristin
04-19-2006, 11:57 AM

Not a bad place to be! There is a wide window of growth in Silver since axels are allowed. :)

Kristin
04-19-2006, 12:02 PM
The real competition is at the Silver and Gold level, and I would not want to miss those :halo:

Well, maybe for the guys, LOL! For the ladies, it seems we have 10,000 other skaters to compete against at AN's every year in Bronze & Silver. I don't see initial rounds for Bronze or Silver men's events. :lol:

TimDavidSkate
04-19-2006, 12:36 PM
Well, maybe for the guys, LOL! For the ladies, it seems we have 10,000 other skaters to compete against at AN's every year in Bronze & Silver. I don't see initial rounds for Bronze or Silver men's events. :lol:

yes I mean for the guys :halo:

I wish though the number in ladies competitors are the same in men, its so much more fun that way. Trying to qualify and stuff :twisted:

Ellyn
04-20-2006, 03:11 PM
I said yes to former child skater. I skated about twice a week with lessons at ages 11-12, and about 10-15 hours a week at ages 13-14. Passed prelim figures, prelim freestyle test didn't exist until about a year after I quit.

Still bronze, hopefully silver someday, when I get to age group IV.

Raye
04-20-2006, 05:21 PM
If I ever get out of Bronze, I will likely be in the Silver Until Death Club..... :halo:

jazzpants
04-20-2006, 05:34 PM
I wish though the number in ladies competitors are the same in men, its so much more fun that way. Trying to qualify and stuff :twisted:You mean "I wish though the number of MEN are the same as the ladies! Otherwise, we wouldn't have enough competitors!!!" :lol: