View Full Version : Don't really know what to do...

TwirlGirl10
04-16-2006, 11:27 AM
I am getting new skates in about a month and I am deciding between 2 boot fitters. The first one I might go to is the one that most people at my rink go to. He is in Canada and one of the things that may hold me back from going to him is that he tends to give out a lot of Graf boots. I haven't heard the best things about these boots and because they are so light people say they break down faster than most. I am really hard on my boots so im worried that they wouldn't last me very long and because my parents are not rich that really would not be good. He tends to give out the same blade to a lot of people also. He is so reluctant to give other blades that coachs at my rink have had to call him and tell him to give some of their studnets certain blades because he wouldn't. On the other hand, I have heard great things about him too. People say that he really takes time to make sure you get the right boot, and doesn't just put you in one but instead really looks at your whole body to determine what to fit you in. The second guy I might go to is someone that I don't know that much about but I know that the people that go to him are also very happy. He also carrys more brands of skates than the other guy, who only has Graf, Jackson, and Gam. I have asked my coach but she really doesn't know much about either and is'nt much of a help.
any suggestions?
thanks!

beachbabe
04-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Don't go with a fitter that will try and force you into grafs. You should go to a fitter that will let you try all kinds of difefrent boots to decide what you feel best in, not what he thinks would work for you. Its also true that the same blad eis not for everyone. Don't go to a fitter jsut because some people ended up liking the boots and blades he picked for them. He sounds like a know it all, and a bad fitter. A good fitter will find your size and let you try on a variety of boots to find whats best for you, but not make decisions for you.

gt20001
04-16-2006, 05:05 PM
I am getting new skates in about a month and I am deciding between 2 boot fitters. The first one I might go to is the one that most people at my rink go to. He is in Canada and one of the things that may hold me back from going to him is that he tends to give out a lot of Graf boots. I haven't heard the best things about these boots and because they are so light people say they break down faster than most. I am really hard on my boots so im worried that they wouldn't last me very long and because my parents are not rich that really would not be good. He tends to give out the same blade to a lot of people also. He is so reluctant to give other blades that coachs at my rink have had to call him and tell him to give some of their studnets certain blades because he wouldn't. On the other hand, I have heard great things about him too. People say that he really takes time to make sure you get the right boot, and doesn't just put you in one but instead really looks at your whole body to determine what to fit you in. The second guy I might go to is someone that I don't know that much about but I know that the people that go to him are also very happy. He also carrys more brands of skates than the other guy, who only has Graf, Jackson, and Gam. I have asked my coach but she really doesn't know much about either and is'nt much of a help.
any suggestions?
thanks!

I was just wondering who you go to in canada. I go to a shop in windsor and was very pleased with them. They mainly sell jacksons and grafs i got a pair of jacksons and he really took the time with me and got me in a really good fit was really happy with the experience just wondering if it was the same one.

emma
04-16-2006, 05:34 PM
My Grafs broke down very quick and actually ripped down the sides near the hooks. I love the comfort of the boot but will not be buying another pair. Graf has to work on their quality before i would consider buying another pair.

TwirlGirl10
04-16-2006, 06:07 PM
I think it is the same guy. Is his name joe?

gt20001
04-16-2006, 06:49 PM
I think his name was joe. I cant remember i would have to look at the card. It was at Brians Custom Skate Shop. He never tried to force me into grafs if it is the same guy i was interested in jacksons and he helped me find the right pair of jacksons for me and did a great job getting them the way i needed them.

TwirlGirl10
04-17-2006, 07:02 AM
Yeah its called brians custom skate shop. Thats nice to know. Well maybe I will go to him then. I just don't want grafs.