View Full Version : mk visions worth a try?

beachbabe
04-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Well, my coronation aces have pretty much been sharpened down to having very little rocker and I have to get new blades soon.

My aunt said she could get me soem mk visions really cheap b/c some skate shop man where she lives is having a huge sale on them.

so I was wondering if they are worth a try, especially if i can get them for about $200. Are they going to be about the same as coronation aces?

I would really appreciate comments from anyone who knows anything about these blades.

TreSk8sAZ
04-16-2006, 12:54 PM
I changed from Aces to Visions about a year ago. My edge control went way up, and I love the bigger picks for my higher doubles. I'd say they are definitely worth a try, as I love them. A lot of the people in my rink go the Aces to Vision route.

Just be sure to give them a few sessions. They are quite a different feel than the aces and spinning was harder at first, but then became normal after a few sessions.

The only problem that I know of people having was one of the males at our rink managed to break the blade at where it connects to the heel plate. But he got a new pair for free (it was a defect) and hasn't had any trouble since.

flippet
04-17-2006, 02:42 PM
I went from MK Professionals to Visions, and I love my Visions. I actually found spinning easier with them. I like the edge control too, but I'm not sure whether that's due to the blade, or the deeper hollow I have put on them.

But yeah, I'm very 'huggy' about my Visions. :lol:

flying~camel
04-17-2006, 02:51 PM
Well, my coronation aces have pretty much been sharpened down to having very little rocker and I have to get new blades soon.
I have the same problem with my 12-year old Coronation Comets and am planning on getting new boots & blades this summer.

I'm trying to decide between the Coronation Ace and the Vision, as both have rounder rockers than the Coronation Comet. I'm leaning more towards the Visions, as I've heard a lot of positive remarks about them.

I'm also planning on going with the parabolic option with whatever blade I get to help me with spins & edgework (even if the effect is just psychological, if it gives me a confidence boost, then it's well worth the extra money!).

ETA: If I could get them for $200, I wouldn't even think twice about it! ;)

blue111moon
04-18-2006, 07:21 AM
I went from Old Phantoms (before the re-design) to New Phantoms (way too much blade!!!!) to Visions and love them. Go for it!

Kristin
04-19-2006, 11:54 AM
I started with Coronation Aces but couldn't spin in them. With the Visions, almost immediately I was able to spin.

But I guess you have to figure out which blade is good for you. I happen to love the very round rocker on the Vision blade because I used to play hockey in highschool & was very used to the roundness.