View Full Version : weird foot problem

babeonblades
04-12-2006, 08:08 PM
ok i just got back from school today and as i was walking home the instep of my foot really hurt, like about to get a charlie horse in my foot. then i got home, i tried heat but it still hurts and looking at it there a lump like near the back of my instep near my heel, i was thinking i could of strained it doing off ice jumps, or working out but i don't have any clue how to make it better, and i have skating tommorow any suggestions?? thanks
p.s i have tried stretching but hard to figure out what kind of stretch

Hannah
04-12-2006, 09:18 PM
If there is a lump- an injury- don't stretch it. Here is what I've done for every injury over the past two years. Once or twice a day, put an ice pack on for five minutes, then a source of heat (I use a rice sock) for five minutes, then ice for five, then heat for five, then ice for five. Then let it warm up on its own.

After two days, if the injury isn't significantly better, I go to a doctor.

nerd_on_ice
04-12-2006, 09:20 PM
If there's a lump, I wonder if you could have a bruise, or even a bug bite (don't laugh--I once stepped on a bee with my bare feet and got a big welt), rather than a muscle strain. In that case you might be better off not trying to stretch it out, but just resting it.