View Full Version : "On Edge"

NoVa Sk8r
04-08-2006, 12:10 PM
Has anyone else read this book (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1560258047/qid=1144554721/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/104-9398444-9487926?s=books&v=glance&n=283155) by Jon Jackson?
Lots of juicy tidbits, especially about everyone's favorite persona non grata, Morry Stillwell.

Morry on the 2002 SLC pairs scandal: "You know, those were the best damn judges we have out there," he boasted. "If they thought the Russians should have won, then, by damn, that's the right result." He continued: "It's certainly looked that way to me. I trust our judges were fair."

On the 2002 Worlds ice dancing results, when the Israelis won a medal that caused all the other competitors to sign a petition protestingthe results: "In my opinion, the results were exactly right." Stillwell deemed the athletes' petition as "laughable."

And hey, there's a podium picture of Mike Dianda (Championship Masters competitor at AN2006) with Jon Jackson in the photo section on the medal podium for intermediate men at the 1980 Central Pacific Regionals!

Joan
04-08-2006, 02:04 PM
I'm reading it right now - I'm about 2/3rd done. It is fascinating.

VegasGirl
04-08-2006, 10:30 PM
The movie is supposed to be pretty funny... haven't seen it yet but apparently my former coach had a part in it. :)

montanarose
04-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Vegas Girl wrote: "The movie is supposed to be pretty funny... haven't seen it yet but apparently my former coach had a part in it."

Ummmm, all due respect and all that, but I think you're confused. This book came out just a couple of months ago and there is no movie associated with it. Perhaps you're thinking of something else?

Ellen

sk8guy71
04-08-2006, 11:13 PM
There's a figure skating movie titled "On Edge". I haven't seen it (but want to). From what I've heard, it's like a "Best of Show" take on a regional figure skating competition.

icedancer2
04-08-2006, 11:54 PM
There's a figure skating movie titled "On Edge". I haven't seen it (but want to). From what I've heard, it's like a "Best of Show" take on a regional figure skating competition.

And hilarious, in a campy sort of way.

LOVE Jason Alexander as the Zamboni guy, and Scott Hamilton as a judge.

Perfect.

VegasGirl
04-09-2006, 07:48 AM
Vegas Girl wrote: "The movie is supposed to be pretty funny... haven't seen it yet but apparently my former coach had a part in it."

Ummmm, all due respect and all that, but I think you're confused. This book came out just a couple of months ago and there is no movie associated with it. Perhaps you're thinking of something else?

Ellen

Not confused, look for yourself:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0206184/

Now, apparently the movie is not based on the book in question but I never said that. ;)