View Full Version : Fall:Hard Time Breathing

rf3ray
04-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Ok I fell sometime 24 hours ago, and noticed that I have a hard time doing deep breathes should I worry about it, I felled more heavily on my Hip when I did this but, I think I bruised it, I can breathe deeply but it just sorta hurts like a sore musicle. Any Remedies?

dbny
04-08-2006, 01:21 AM
Ok I fell sometime 24 hours ago, and noticed that I have a hard time doing deep breathes should I worry about it, I felled more heavily on my Hip when I did this but, I think I bruised it, I can breathe deeply but it just sorta hurts like a sore musicle. Any Remedies?

Try posting this in the On Ice - Skaters (http://www.skatingforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16) forum for faster and more replies.

flo
04-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Sometimes a fall can really hit you hard in areas even if you didn't land on them. Your back and chest muscles may have had quite a jolt. I have had bruised ribs before from pairs and some pain on breathing. But if you have any difficulty breathing or any questions call your physician. Take a nice hot bath and some NSAIDS (ibuprofin).

NickiT
04-09-2006, 05:02 AM
I cracked a rib and tore some intercostal muscles once when I fell really hard on my chest. I couldn't take a deep breath in and after a few days got checked out at hospital and got my diagnosis. I did hear a crack as I hit the ice so it kind of makes sense. You say you fell on your hip so I'm not so sure. Is there any chance you could have taken some of the impact on your ribcage? If it doesn't ease after a day or two best to get it checked out.

Nicki

coskater64
04-09-2006, 10:44 AM
Doctor!? You might want to go....

SDFanatic
04-09-2006, 11:43 AM
If your still having problems, get checked.

I toepicked on fast forward crossovers once, took about five minutes beofre I could get all my breath back. I landed flat on my chest however, and that was to be expected, I've never had a problem yet in breathing when I've landed on my hip.

Steven

samba
04-09-2006, 12:54 PM
If your still having problems, get checked.

I toepicked on fast forward crossovers once, took about five minutes beofre I could get all my breath back. I landed flat on my chest however, and that was to be expected, I've never had a problem yet in breathing when I've landed on my hip.

Good advice, at the risk of being accused of being some sort of drama queen again, go see a doctor.