View Full Version : Does anyone else do this??

cassarilda
04-06-2006, 07:14 AM
Does anyone listen to the radio, and start grooving to a song, and all you can think of is moves that would fit to it in a program, whether thats singles, pairs or dance?? :lol: :lol:

Cos I do.. and each time I hear it I always add things to it!! :lol:

And of course each time I hear it, and I love it more, I turn it up louder :D Im a dancer at heart (and since I was 3), so I cant help it!! But I dont know if its just me? :halo: :halo: :D

Mrs Redboots
04-06-2006, 09:10 AM
Doesn't everybody? 8-)

jshbo724
04-06-2006, 03:13 PM
I know I do!! LOL................. 8-) :mrgreen:

~Jess

Terri C
04-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Another symptom of AOSS!!

sk8guy71
04-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Guilty as charged.

kiwibabe
04-06-2006, 05:26 PM
Definitely but my husband and I both argue on who would get to do a program with that particular song.

Sk8pdx
04-06-2006, 06:04 PM
I do this in the movie theater. I listen to music and plan what soundtrack I could skate to. :lol:

froggy
04-06-2006, 06:27 PM
All the time!! especially when I'm listening to music while I'm driving, Yanni has some nice ones that I dream up of programs to go with his music.

coskater64
04-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Absolutely! My new program is the Sr. sustained edge skated to music that fit that specific move.:lol:

nigrafeles
04-06-2006, 07:46 PM
All the time! Actually its more of do I ever listen to the radio and not start thinking of skating moves!

Raye
04-06-2006, 08:30 PM
My family just rolls their eyes and ignores me as I 'skate' around the living-room floor to whatever music happens to be playing. I do restrain myself when there are non-family-members in the house. :halo:

Skate@Delaware
04-06-2006, 09:12 PM
I'm always adding songs to my mp3 player to skate to-for warmups, jumps, etc.

Now I have radio xm and can add some stuff from that also!!!(yeah, I'm a geek)

What's really cool-I actually have moves that I can do now!

Mercedeslove
04-06-2006, 10:48 PM
I definitely do!

SkatingOnClouds
04-07-2006, 01:30 AM
But of course !
Mine at the moment is the Toreadors' Entrance from Carmen. It was playing one night at the rink, and everytime I hear it I am working on my program. Because the music and toreador image call for arrogant postures, I automatically walk around that way when I'm hearing the music in my head.

Today a work colleague's mobile phone played it, which made me dissolve into giggles.

Raye
04-07-2006, 11:52 AM
But of course !
Mine at the moment is the Toreadors' Entrance from Carmen. It was playing one night at the rink, and everytime I hear it I am working on my program. Because the music and toreador image call for arrogant postures, I automatically walk around that way when I'm hearing the music in my head.

Today a work colleague's mobile phone played it, which made me dissolve into giggles.

My freeskate is to the Toreador's Entrance from Carmen too! Great minds think alike!!! Love that piece.

Rusty Blades
04-07-2006, 12:48 PM
"Listen to the song"? I almost NEVER listen to the song!

I listen for the tempo, the phrasing, the rise and fall of the music, the . . . all the stuff you need to see if it works for a skating routine.

Was there words? Gee, I wish I had LISTENED!

lovepairs
04-09-2006, 06:04 PM
I can't stop doing it! Everytime, I hear any music, I start choreographing. The problem is that I can't bring it on the ice! It works perfectly in my head, but it's not real--sort of like "Clockwork Orange." I can't stop! :frus: Help!

Leda
04-12-2006, 12:57 PM
I do that when there is no music on! :lol: My sisters shrug when I practice spins in socks and lean on the kitchen table to practice a spiral pose. :P I just can't help myself!

AW1
04-12-2006, 09:15 PM
I do this in the movie theater. I listen to music and plan what soundtrack I could skate to. :lol:

I did that yesterday when I took my daughter to see Ice Age 2 :lol:

mikawendy
04-12-2006, 10:33 PM
I do that a lot, but the problem is the stuff in my head is always fast footwork that an elite level skater could do. Never anything I could manage!:lol: :lol:

Thin-Ice
04-13-2006, 03:15 AM
Wouldn't it just be simpler to ask who does NOT do this? And then ask what's the matter with them???:lol:

lovepairs
04-13-2006, 06:30 AM
Thin ice,

LOL!!! I'm on the floor! You are hilarious!

Mrs Redboots
04-13-2006, 08:50 AM
The worst is when you do it to wildly unsuitable music - I'm listening to Handel's Messiah right now.... and in my head I'm doing the most wonderful smooth edges to it....

Raye
04-13-2006, 01:41 PM
AAAAAAAAHHHH Annabel I can relate.... If only I could do as well on the ice as I can on my living room floor.... sigh :giveup:

jazzpants
04-13-2006, 02:22 PM
All the time!! especially when I'm listening to music while I'm driving, Yanni has some nice ones that I dream up of programs to go with his music.My current program IS from Yanni "Live from the Acropolis." 8-)

Pray and hope that I don't crash into another car while I'm daydreaming about doing some pretty footwork to the music that's in the car. :halo: (Wouldn't it be funny if Oskana Baiul did exactly what we're doing now when she got into that imfamous car accident b/c she "was so involved with her music?") :twisted: :lol:

Thin-Ice: ROFLMAO!!!! :lol:

Rusty Blades
04-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Wouldn't it just be simpler to ask who does NOT do this? And then ask what's the matter with them???:lol:

Would I have to confess to missing my turn because the music wasn't finished and I hadn't choreographed the closing moves? I mean really! you can turn around and go back but you can't have a program without a nice closing!

kittie067
04-13-2006, 08:31 PM
I can't stop doing it! Everytime, I hear any music, I start choreographing. The problem is that I can't bring it on the ice! It works perfectly in my head, but it's not real--sort of like "Clockwork Orange." I can't stop! :frus: Help!

The thing I always do is fall asleep to music, dreaming up programs...(I always seem to be able to do cool things like triple axels, and beautiful laybacks!!!)

I can even do a SINGLE axel:roll: :halo:

But a girl can always dream....right???:??

Some day!!! I will at least beable to do a single axel!!

~kittie (who can finally do loops and flips!!)8-)

sue123
04-13-2006, 08:50 PM
The thing I always do is fall asleep to music, dreaming up programs...(I always seem to be able to do cool things like triple axels, and beautiful laybacks!!!)

I can even do a SINGLE axel:roll: :halo:

But a girl can always dream....right???:??

Some day!!! I will at least beable to do a single axel!!

~kittie (who can finally do loops and flips!!)8-)

I'm like you. The skater in my head does the most amazing things and never falls. And of course, she wears gorgeous costumes, and her skates are nice and white with no scuffs on them. I wish I had as much ability in my body as my head skater has in her little pinky. Oh well. Gives you something to look foward to.

KiZa_32
04-23-2006, 06:14 AM
yea i must say I DO!!!:P
most of the time it's going on long trips...i'll listen 2 my ipod and fall asleep daydreaming of me doing this perfect routine 2 any song....but don't we all lol