View Full Version : Skating diary and new skates!!

Hannah
04-03-2006, 11:06 PM
First pair of skates! They are pretty and SUPER comfy. :D After all the break-in horror stories I was worried... they are stiff, but squishy around the edges and seem to fit my feet like feet-gloves. :D :D

Now my question: I have heard several mentions about keeping skating diaries. I assume these are to keep track of your progress or time or something? What is a good way to keep one of these?

Mercedeslove
04-03-2006, 11:11 PM
I keep an online one. http://fyre-n-ice27.livejournal.com/

cassarilda
04-03-2006, 11:41 PM
Hannah,

My skates were similar to yours.. first time they were lovely!! a bit tight but otherwise ok... then they hurt for the next few weeks... but they are getting much better now :D

Skate diaries...

I keep mine online as a blog - www.cooeey.com (its aussie based but anyone can use it)... Im also intending on posting my videos of my progress (so far they are pretty bad :lol: ) and linking it up... I just write up a summary of what I did each session I skate, or do off ice stuff, what was hard, what I need to work on etc, just so I can look back in a year (or less) and (hopefully) see how far Ive come. :) Even now its helped... I was REALLY struggling with 3 turns in the first 2-3 weeks of my skating (yes, thats the length of time I had been doing lessons and I wanted to do a 3-turn :D ), and once I got them, and even now, I look back and ask how could it have been so hard?? I still stuff them up, but Im still at a stage that I feel good about my skating because I can do them!! :D

I also keep track of my training hours in a little book... its mainly so in the future I can get used to how often I should sharpen my skates etc... My husband has decided that Im obsessed :D

Mercedeslove
04-03-2006, 11:49 PM

I also keep track of my training hours in a little book... its mainly so in the future I can get used to how often I should sharpen my skates etc... My husband has decided that Im obsessed :D

It's a very good obsession, so no worries. Most men just don't get it.

Rusty Blades
04-04-2006, 05:01 AM
I have been keeping a journal of my re-beginning online to.http://www.geocities.com/diannebest/skating/intro.html

I can't believe anybody would be interested but some of my friends say they follow along. :roll:

Once I get farther along, I think I will condense it all into a timeline on how long it took for an old broad to learn the basic elements :??

cassarilda
04-04-2006, 05:01 AM
It's a very good obsession, so no worries. Most men just don't get it.

My husbands a skater as well (senior ice dancer actually ;) ).. so he does understand it... but he's decided he should have introduced me to a cheaper obsession.... like a recreational drug!! :lol: :lol: :P :halo: (joking!)

Paulie86
04-04-2006, 05:58 AM
I keep my journal at MSN SPACES: Figure Skating Blog (http://spaces.msn.com/paulasdesigns/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c01_blogpart=myspace&_c02_owner=1&_c=blogpart)

I keep it to keep myself motivated to progress and to keep track of what I can do etc. I also keep a journal that I take to skating with me so I can write down new techniques so I can remember them and know the correct technique.

:)