View Full Version : 3 Turn Pattern pre-bronze MITF

froggy
04-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Ok I'm not so sure this is going to be as popular as my last thread on the toe loop, but maybe someone can help me figure out the new 3 turn pattern on the adult pre-bronze MITF, the rulebook explanation and pattern design is not to helpful. Can anyone describe it in real detail and a video of it too would be awesome. :D

happy skating!

Debbie S
04-02-2006, 04:58 PM
Unfortunately, b/c this move is so new, I think everyone is in uncharted waters with this one. The PSA has produced a moves video with skaters demonstrating moves from each test and a voice-over explaining the pattern and things that are looked for and such, but obviously, this new move is not on it. The rulebook and pattern design are really all you have to go on. Hopefully, an updated moves video will come out but that may not be for a while.

You and/or your coach may want to ask around to see if anyone in your area has taken this test and talk to them and their coach to get feedback. You can also check the test schedules at your rink and other rinks/clubs in your area to see if anyone is taking Pre-Bronze MIF, and then go and watch. Also, the next time your coach goes to a PSA workshop, he/she can ask the judge that's there about it.

sunshinepointe
04-02-2006, 06:05 PM
Learn this move with your coach. The 3 turn placement on the axis is critical - the pattern makes a lot more sense once your coach walks it through with you. I've been working on this pattern for a couple of months and although the moves in isolation aren't tricky, doing them with correct placement, speed, flow etc. is key.