View Full Version : USFSA Adult Training Camp - location change?

Debbie S
03-29-2006, 08:58 PM
I was just on the USFSA website to see if any more results from AN had been added (they weren't) and noticed there is a link to info on the 2006 Adult Training Camp: http://www.usfigureskating.org/content/2006AdultCampBrochure[1].pdf

But here's the thing - it's in Atlanta. Did they change the location? The odd thing is that there is a note about this year's adult camp on the Ice House (Hackensack) website, the dates for which are the week after this one. So did the camp get moved? If so, then I probably wouldn't be able to go. I'd rather spend the extra money for an airplane flight on my skating lessons (or however many times I need to take Bronze MIF before I pass it). And there goes my chance to get instruction from the Moves Guru and Robin Wagner.

LoopLoop
03-30-2006, 07:26 AM
They might be having more than one camp! I understand that lovepairs has been in contact with the Ice House and that they are definitely planning an adult camp; perhaps when Rob gets back from AN he can clarify what's happening in Atlanta.

pennybeagle
04-01-2006, 11:58 PM
Hackensack's will be from June 30-July 2, according to their website:

http://www.icehousenj.com/fskating_Camps.htm

Nothing up about what's being planned, but at least they've got a date set. Now I just have to scrounge up the funds to go...

sk8pics
04-02-2006, 07:48 AM
I saw that notice on the Hackensack website too, and I thought that it's odd to have a camp on a holiday weekend. We're off from work on the Monday and Tuesday for the 4th of July. I wonder how much of a turnout they'll get. For myself, it makes me more inclined to go because I will have 2 days to recover before going back to work, and there won't be any ice here anyway (probably). But getting there on Friday evening is going to be a pain, I will predict.

Skate@Delaware
04-02-2006, 10:07 AM
Didn't they also have some time in August? I thought they did. I don't think I can make the June camp-I'd like to be able to go in August (to help get geared up for the season, we get ice in September).

Debbie S
04-02-2006, 12:08 PM
Didn't they also have some time in August? I thought they did. To my knowledge, Hackensack does 1 adult camp, and it's the June one. Lake Placid has a 2 week-long adult camps, 1 in June and the other in August - you many be thinking of those. Also Aspen, CO has an Adult Week that I think is in August and I believe that Ice Castle in Lake Arrowhead, CA (former training rink of Michelle Kwan) has an Adult Week in August.

I'd love to travel to another part of the country for a week of skating, but money-wise, I don't think it will be possible this year. But I'm seriously considering the Hackensack camp (especially, as sk8pic pointed out, Mon and Tues of the next week are holidays from work). I'll wait until I see more details before making a final decision.

Skate@Delaware
04-02-2006, 12:20 PM
You are right, Debbie. Too much time in my sewing room has muddled my thoughts (and brain).....

I'd love to go to the one in Lake Placid but my vacation time is thin this year.:cry:

Joan
04-02-2006, 08:36 PM
There are also going to be two separate adult weeks in Aspen this year. I've not gone to this or any other camp, but I've had my eyes on it for several years.

rlichtefeld
04-03-2006, 09:18 AM
But here's the thing - it's in Atlanta. Did they change the location?

Nope, they've just added another camp.

The Atlanta FSC (the 'other' club in town) is putting together a camp for this year. I've been so busy getting ready for AN and being out of town so much skating, I haven't really looked into it.

Actually, my first pairs partner, Sara P., is organizing it. I spoke with her this weekend and she says she is getting all kinds of interest. I hope they do well.

I haven't figure out yet if I can fit it in my schedule and finances. Flo and I are doing the Mountain Cup in late May, and I'd like to do the Pairs Camp in Chicago again this year.

Rob

lovepairs
04-03-2006, 09:29 AM
For more information about the "New and Improved" Pairs Track for the Summer Camp in Hackensack, NJ, please visit the "News" section at:
www.adultpairskating.com