View Full Version : JoJo (Starbuck) Or Jill (Shipstad Thomas)?

montanarose
03-28-2006, 10:15 PM
I'm planning to attend Aspen Adult Week this August and, for the first time, it's being offered over two consecutive weeks. Anne Margrethe-Frei was the guest presenter/coach the last two years; this year, JoJo Starbuck will fill that role for the first week and Jill Shipstad Thomas for the second week.

Just wondering if anyone here (adults, preferably) have ever worked with either of these two and, if so, what feedback you might have.

TIA,
Ellen

NoVa Sk8r
03-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Jill was working at my rink last week (while Shirley Hughes was at Worlds). She seems ultra-nice, and all the kids she is working with seem to like her.
I've spoken to her a few times off the ice, and she said a few nice things about my skating, my choreography, and "tricks" on the ice. I thought that was especially nice since I'm an "adult skater." (:P )

Here's her website:
http://www.icechoreojillshipstad.com/

Since she wasn't designing programs from scratch, only fine-tuning, I can't attest to her originality or creativity. But she seemed to pick up instantly on the skaters' attributes and focus on highlighting that. She had one skater (junvenile, i think) doing beautiful spirals with nicely held positions.

Jill has also worked with Derrick Delmore ..

twokidsskatemom
03-28-2006, 10:51 PM
http://www.plover.com/rainbowice/psa62001.htmlJill has done two Freestyle programs for my daughter.We LOVE her, and that comes from both kids and adults !!!! She is a sweetheart, and works alot with adults too. She has worked with Derick Delmore , a senior mens skater for a few years now, and worked with Ashley Wagner, a novice lady.She works just a well with all levels from tots to adults.
She does alot of different styles. I have some articles about her, let me find the links.
My daughter will have a new program done by her this year as well, I think we will see her in June and July.She would like to work more with my daughter, if we had the money we would :)

If you want i can send some clips of jill working on a new program last year.Maybe you can see her style that way.

twokidsskatemom
07-27-2006, 01:06 AM
Jill just told me she will be there the first week, Jo Jo the second. Jo Jo mom is sick which is why they changed.Jill is working with my daughter this week on her programs. She is super super nice and I think you will like the energy she gives. VERY postive to all skaters !!
Hope you have great time !!!