View Full Version : MIF Question - Adult Pre-Bronze

quarkiki2
03-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Say, does anyone know what the three-turn pattern on the adult pre-bronze/Pre-preliminary MIF test is? I can't seem to find a diagram or description and we haven't started working on it in my MIF class yet, but I want to work on it on my own if I can.

Thanks!!

Debbie S
03-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Do you mean the new 3-turn pattern that was just introduced this year to replace the alt 3's? That move is only in the adult track, not on Pre-Prelim. The turn-type move that is common to both Pre-Bronze and Pre-Prelim is the waltz 8. Both patterns are in the rulebook (not sure which pages since I'm at work and don't have my rulebook with me). However, the new 3-turn pattern was not originally in the rulebook for this year (a mistake) and the page was inserted later, but if you or your coach got a rulebook last summer, you probably don't have it.

The diagram should be up on the USFSA website - I know things are impossible to find on that site but I recommend looking under Adult (I think under the Programs heading). There was also a link to the diagram in the Board of Directors report where the adult MIF changes were proposed - that was in the fall of '04, so if all else fails, you could search the archives of the news releases and you should find it there.

JMO, but you might want to wait to practice it until your instructor at least introduces the move and shows you what it's supposed to look like. Bad habits are hard to unlearn.

sunshinepointe
03-24-2006, 11:25 AM
Someone posted the link for me from the USFSA website but I'm not sure what I did with it. The pattern is also in the new rulebook but I'm not sure what page. Boy I'm not much help am I?

Anyway, the 3 turn pattern is not terribly difficult but the placement is critical - in fact the placement is the biggest thing keeping me from testing in April. Waiting for your coach to show it to you is good advice but it's also good to have the pattern handy for practicing on your own to remember the placement. Good luck!

renatele
03-25-2006, 10:08 PM
http://www.usfigureskating.org/content/Adult3sDiagrams.pdf if you mean the new adult pre-bronze 3s pattern

quarkiki2
03-26-2006, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the link and the advice.

I was clearly thinking in the same direction as my instructor -- he was asking if any of us have this pattern in our class yesterday. I'll print it off and give it to him in time for next class.