View Full Version : Dallas AN skaters - where, what, when?

flo
03-22-2006, 10:32 AM
The other threads are getting long, so I thought we could have one to help us find eachother at nats.
So, When are you arriving, what are your events, and when?? We know why!

Me: Monday pm, gold pairs, Thursday 12:25.

MusicSkateFan
03-22-2006, 10:51 AM
Arrive 4 pm Thursday (looking for Thursday Ice around 7 or 8 pm...any suggestions?)
Staying at Fairfield Inn
Practice Ice on Friday, 2 consecutive sessions 1:15 and 1:45
Official Warmup Sat. 11:55-12:15
Bronze 3 Men Saturday 1:10 Group A (I think there is 9...2 groups?)
Saturday 2pm......get drunk
Sat. night Cowboy Dancin!

flo
03-22-2006, 11:14 AM
Music,
You've probably already contacted the practice ice people, but I've had success getting practice ice late in the week. In the past there have always been floks who have signed up for too much ice and are exhausted by Friday, those not making final rounds and not needing ice, and some no shows. Perhaps if anyone here already knows they will not be using ice, they can let you know.

flying~camel
03-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Getting in Monday at 9pm, staying at the Baymont, skating in Bronze I FS on Wednesday at 8am.

PattyP
03-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Arrive Monday late - Staying at the Hilton DWF Lakes
Practice Ice Tues, 2 sessions, 11:00am & 5:45pm
Wed - Comp. Gold Ladies III (9:00pm)
Thurs - 1 practice
Friday - Masters Interp III - Comedy (A - 9:45am)
Sat - Relax, enjoy the events, consume too much red wine!

Patty

Mel On Ice
03-22-2006, 12:26 PM
Getting in Monday at 9pm, staying at the Baymont, skating in Bronze I FS on Wednesday at 8am.

getting in Monday at 9pm, staying at the Baymont with f~c, skating in event 104 Bronze 3 QR Group B on Wednesday, skating in event 128 Bronze 3 Interp Drama, following SkateMusicFan's advice on Saturday activities. :D

Stormy
03-22-2006, 06:12 PM
Arriving Tuesday around noontime, staying at the Springhill suites. Unfortunately to really minimize time off work since I don't have a final round, I am leaving around 1 PM on Wednesday. I SO wish I could stay longer, but I have a huge huge event in two weeks at work and I couldn't take anymore time off than the two days.

daisies
03-22-2006, 06:51 PM
I am arriving Monday evening, and I am competing in Masters Interp 3 Comedy/Character at 9:45am on Friday.

Can't wait!

TreSk8sAZ
03-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Arriving Monday around 8, skating Bronze I Wed morning at 8 a.m.

TimDavidSkate
03-22-2006, 07:19 PM
I may stop by and watch the Silver Men & Ch. Adult Gold Men's event

pedonskates
03-23-2006, 10:11 AM
Arriving Tuesday afternoon. Practice ice on Weds (I hope). Masters Novice 2 FS on Thursday morning. Masters Interp comedy 2 on Thursday evening. Rest of the time watching fellow adult skaters!

PattyP
03-23-2006, 10:30 AM
I am arriving Monday evening, and I am competing in Masters Interp 3 Comedy/Character at 9:45am on Friday.

Can't wait!

Oh great....I have to compete against YOU! :bow: ;)

daisies
03-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Oh great....I have to compete against YOU! :bow: ;)
LOL Patty! I should say the same thing back to YOU! :bow:

WhisperSung
03-23-2006, 06:16 PM
-Arriving bright and early Wednesday morning.
-Staying in the Hawthorn Suites (they have a jacuzzi!)
-Event: Masters Novice I & II at 10:05a.m. Thursday morning (looks like pedonskates and I are in the same group. . .hello there! :))
-Leaving Sunday morning after a lot of events to enjoy and relaxation from work.

First AN for me. . .looking forward to meeting a bunch of people. A little nervous. . .glad my event's pretty early in the week!

sexyskates
03-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Arriving Monday night.
Practice Ice Tuesday 8:45 AM
Ladies Silver 4 group B on Wednesday
Interp on Friday is messed up
Staying at the Super8 by the airport

Thin-Ice
03-24-2006, 03:25 AM
Arriving Sunday night
Competing Bronze IV (Wednesday) and Interp Dramatic IV (Friday)
Good luck to EVERYONE! And travel safely!

coskater64
03-24-2006, 01:47 PM
Oh goodie I get to skate againist pattyp and daisies this year. Didn't we do this last year.:lol:

Joan
03-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Arriving Sunday night

Thin ice, are you group A or B? I am in Bronze ladies IV IR group A.

PattyP
03-24-2006, 02:39 PM
Oh goodie I get to skate againist pattyp and daisies this year. Didn't we do this last year.:lol:

It was just you and me last year, Daisies was in the other group last year.

All 3 of us together...uh oh. ;) It'll be fun! I hope that I skate early in the group so that I can watch everyone else.

jazzpants
03-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Okay, you gals in Masters Interp 3 Comedy/Character. No Jeff G's out there, okay? :P :lol: (And have a great time!!!)

Good grief, Thin-Ice!!! Aren't you compete at Santa Rosa too this weekend!?!?! EEEEEK!!! 8O

Ice T
03-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Arriving Tuesday morning.
Competing Qualifying Round Wednesday AM - Silver II Ladies
Hoping to make finals on Friday evening!
Staying at the AmeriSuites

Best wishes everyone!

e-skater
03-24-2006, 06:06 PM
Arriving Sunday night

HAVE A GREAT SKATE, Thin-Ice! :)

coskater64
03-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Arrive Tuesday afternoon
Host hotel
Practice sometime Wed
Thur am ish M Nov ladies 3
Friday am M Interp ladies 3

Sat sit and watch, chat, chat, chat and...chat.8O

Mrs Redboots
03-25-2006, 07:02 AM
Have a fantastic time, everybody - and those of you with access to computers while you're there - we want daily updates and blogs, please!

Hope you all skate to the best of your abilities - remember, you can't control what the other skaters do, and you can't control what the judges think. If you go out there and skate your absolute best, you're the champion, wherever you place!

CanAmSk8ter
03-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Arriving Tuesday around noontime, staying at the Springhill suites. Unfortunately to really minimize time off work since I don't have a final round, I am leaving around 1 PM on Wednesday. I SO wish I could stay longer, but I have a huge huge event in two weeks at work and I couldn't take anymore time off than the two days.

Hey, are you doing Silver or Gold? If you're still Silver we're probably competing against each other.

I'm arriving Tuesday around noon too (Stormy, do you have a layover in Charlotte by any chance? Maybe we're on the same flight). I also only have one round but since I didn't know that when I made my reservations I'm staying until Sunday AM. No big plans except to watch a lot of Gold I, Championship Gold I, and Pre-Gold Dance, since that's what I'd like to compete next year. Oh yeah, and party 8-)

Stormy
03-25-2006, 11:52 AM
I am in Silver I still. Sometimes I think I'll be in Silver forever. :) How's your axel doing?? Mine's on and off still.

My layover is in Newark. I am going out of Providence on Continental. Are you going out of Hartford? It was a lot cheaper than going out of Boston, although waking up at 4 am to catch my early flight Tuesday morning will be SO not fun.

sexyskates
03-25-2006, 12:06 PM
Just wanted to let people know that I received a very nice phone call this morning from the Dallas organizers, asking if all my questions had been answered by e mail. It sounds like they do really care and would like us all to have a good competition. Let's have some fun, it's show time!

silverladies3
03-25-2006, 12:28 PM
SEXYSKATES I was wondering if you know when or if they moved the interp. 4 and final round for silver 4 to another time or day? Just wondering if someone know what the scoop is.

sexyskates
03-25-2006, 01:13 PM
That was one of my big questions. At first the organizer said that the referee was sticking with this new schedule after all the complaints from the first schedule. I mentioned that having 2 events in the same age group simultaneously was a sure way to have conflict for many skaters. He asked if I would mind going first in one event and last in another. I called back to say that I could do interp first and HURRY, but that the costumes for interp are elaborate and that I would not be the only one affected. He then said that in all probability one of these events was going to be on Saturday. So that's the official rumor - something is getting moved to Saturday. Apparently there were twice as many entrants for interp this year compared to last and the tentative schedule would not work. In the future they are debating not having a tentative schedule - to avoid all the complaints that they got this year for deviating from it.

CanAmSk8ter
03-26-2006, 11:00 AM
I am in Silver I still. Sometimes I think I'll be in Silver forever. :) How's your axel doing?? Mine's on and off still.

My layover is in Newark. I am going out of Providence on Continental. Are you going out of Hartford? It was a lot cheaper than going out of Boston, although waking up at 4 am to catch my early flight Tuesday morning will be SO not fun.

Well, we can both be exhausted on Wednesday, then- I have a 6:30 flight so I'll be up a little before 5:00 on Tuesday morning.

The axel is so-so. It's cheated by about an eighth of a turn maybe 70% of the time. Some days I land ten or fifteen clean ones; other days only two or three. I have two in the program and the first one is usually clean; the second one is usually either really good or really bad.

Any idea how many Silver I's there are? The schedule gives us 20 minutes, so I figured maybe eight of us.

techskater
03-26-2006, 03:26 PM
Look at the schedule published at the USFS site. it gives numbers of skaters with the events

Stormy
03-26-2006, 03:31 PM
There's 6 of us. That's what the schedule on USFS said. At least it will be short and sweet :)

Kevin Callahan
03-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Despite the fact that I'm very much tied to DFW, I don't believe I'll be able to make it up. I am lagging behind in my schoolwork and need to focus on graduating with a decent GPA.

skatingatty
03-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Hey guys,
I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon! Whee! I'm staying Tues. at Sleep Inn, then at Springhill Suites the rest of the week. The Silver II qualifying round that I'm in is at 10am. If I make it past that, the final round is Friday. I leave very early Sunday. Can't wait to see all the great skating! :)

Thin-Ice
04-05-2006, 03:40 AM
Thin ice, are you group A or B? I am in Bronze ladies IV IR group A.

Hi Joan!

Sorry.. I didn't get to read your message before I left for Texas. I was in Group B in the Teal dress with the black fringe.

I'm glad we met and I'm looking forward to skating with you again next year.

Thin-Ice

Thin-Ice
04-05-2006, 03:42 AM
Okay, you gals in Masters Interp 3 Comedy/Character. No Jeff G's out there, okay? :P :lol: (And have a great time!!!)

Good grief, Thin-Ice!!! Aren't you compete at Santa Rosa too this weekend!?!?! EEEEEK!!! 8O

Yeah... I was using Santa Rosa as the warm-up event for AN.... but I only had the chance to do my Interp there. (I left for Texas at 6am on Sunday morning... and the other event was scheduled for 9:15am on Sunday!).

All in all, it was a good time. And NEXT YEAR you will be with us Jazzpants!

Thin-Ice

Thin-Ice
04-05-2006, 03:45 AM
HAVE A GREAT SKATE, Thin-Ice! :)

Thanks! Your good wishes helped... I'll send you a private message with details.. since now when we talk about AN it's the one in Chicago!

Thin-Ice

Joan
04-10-2006, 11:06 AM
Hi Joan!

Sorry.. I didn't get to read your message before I left for Texas. I was in Group B in the Teal dress with the black fringe.

I'm glad we met and I'm looking forward to skating with you again next year.

Thin-Ice

Now I know who you are! It was nice meeting you too. I plan to be there next year.

Thin-Ice
04-11-2006, 02:07 AM
I plan to be there next year.

Oh good!!! It's always fun to meet up again at AN. See you in Bensenville/Chicago -- but I'm sure we'll chat lots between now and then!