View Full Version : Chesapeake Open

Debbie S
03-21-2006, 07:44 AM
I wanted to give all those interested a heads-up that the Chesapeake Open (June 15-18, Baltimore FSC) announcement and entry form have been posted at http://www.baltofsc.org/images/PDF/2006ChesapeakeOpenApplication.pdf

Deadline is May 6. Adult events include freestyle (Bronze through Gold), "That's Entertainment" (2 min limit), and dance (it looks like the adult dance event is for couples, but there is also a solo dance event that is not specifically for adults, but I'm sure adults can enter).

I think I will do Bronze FS (taking the big plunge and skating up a level). I had a show program that was 1:55, so the time fits for the entertainment event, but it wasn't really designed for that type of event (no props, theatrical costumes, or comedy). Plus, I would need to have the music re-cut (long story). So I think I will just do FS, and maybe volunteer for the comp if they need me.

Come on, all you guys from the DC/VA/Del/PA areas, come to Baltimore!

LoopLoop
05-02-2006, 07:45 AM
Has anybody else signed up for Chesapeake? I'm trying to decide... nothing like waiting till the last minute. ;)

Skate@Delaware
05-02-2006, 10:22 AM
It would be nice to do....but I've been without ice for several weeks....and haven't skated since our show closed the rink on April 15.

Maybe next year??? Then I will feel more comfortable skating at the Bronze level (heck, I'm a no-test right now..):lol:

flo
05-03-2006, 11:37 AM
I use to do this one each year, but stopped. I hope they have the attendance needed to fill the groups.