View Full Version : Silver Ladies elements?

badaxel
03-20-2006, 06:27 PM
I'm not going to AN this year, (Good luck to all those who are! :bow: ) but I do plan on going to Chicago next year, at the silver level. I was just wondering what elements the Silver Ladies generally have in their program. I'm 27, so I guess that will still be class I, even a year from now. As the name implies, I have a bad axel :frus: , but otherwise strong jumps up through lutz- loop. I am working on a flying camel, and have a fairly strong camel, layback, and sit spin. What does it take to be competitive at AN?

techskater
03-20-2006, 07:24 PM
Last year's top 3 Silver 1's (which were a conglomeration of new 1&2) all landed at least one clean axel, lutz-loop or lutz-loop-loop, and all other singles (3 combos in total), flying camel, camel-sit-back sit or camel-layback-back sit, and a solo spin of some sort with quite a few revs, decent footwork, speed, presentation, etc.

flo
03-21-2006, 08:34 AM
I always assume that the other skaters in my event have the same elements, so I work to make sure mine are presented well. I medaled in Silver and had basically much the same elements as the other skaters, but no axel. I think my advantage was good edges, great choreography and I took my time with the presentation.
Good luck and enjoy!

doubletoe
03-21-2006, 12:37 PM
I'm not going to AN this year, (Good luck to all those who are! :bow: ) but I do plan on going to Chicago next year, at the silver level. I was just wondering what elements the Silver Ladies generally have in their program. I'm 27, so I guess that will still be class I, even a year from now. As the name implies, I have a bad axel :frus: , but otherwise strong jumps up through lutz- loop. I am working on a flying camel, and have a fairly strong camel, layback, and sit spin. What does it take to be competitive at AN?

On the other hand, there were lots of missed flying camels in Silver at AN last year, so if it's not consistent, you'll place higher by not trying it. The thing that stood out in my mind more than anything else at AN last year was that in Silver, the ladies who made it into the top 5-10 in final round were the ones who completed their elements cleanly, even if they were easier elements (like a plain camel spin instead of flying camel, and a lutz-toe instead of lutz-loop-loop).