View Full Version : Arch Support

auntlala3
03-20-2006, 01:12 PM
I have a pair of Jackson Artiste Skates - For the most part I love them, but they are not giving me the arch support that I need. I am a dancer and because of that have fairly high arches. Is there anything that I can put in the skate (such as Dr. Schols) that would help with that -

Thanks
Laurie

jp1andOnly
03-20-2006, 01:28 PM
try it and see what happens. Also, if you have orthotics, you might want t put them in your skate

Isk8NYC
03-20-2006, 01:54 PM
I recently replaced the insoles in a pair of Jackson Freestyles. I bought them from a pro shop for about $6. They were Jackson insoles intended for their higher-end skates.

These insoles were different than the original ones because they were made of a pretty stiff foam and had arch support built in. Maybe you just need to replace the existing insoles.

auntlala3
03-20-2006, 01:57 PM
I literally just bought them, they are brand new. so I don't think the insoles need to be repalced. (meaning i haven't wore them out)

Isk8NYC
03-20-2006, 02:07 PM
I also have high arches and Klingbeil pads my insoles to provide that support. If I wear skates or shoes that are too tight, I get cramps across my instep. If that's happening to you, you could ask the pro shop to punch out or stretch the skates. (This is a more common problem in Riedell's than Jacksons)

I didn't mean that they were worn out: the old insoles in my DD's Jackson Freestyles were flat little floppy things, radically inferior to the athletic inserts of the higher-end Jackson boot.

Pull out your insole and see what it looks like; if it's a pancake, it's not the "better" version of their insoles. You could ask the pro shop to give you the higher-end versions to try. If they're new skates, the pro shop probably won't charge you, but don't bet on it: Jackson charges them for the replacement insoles.

You could also pick up a pair of athletic inserts from a sporting goods store.

If you have orthotics, compare the size to your existing insole. Sometimes they just won't fit in your skate without being trimmed, which may not be viable if you want to use the orthotics in other footwear.

wcbrinkerhoff
03-25-2006, 11:53 AM
My bid dilemma is that I have really flat feet, and the arch in my riedells leaves my arches so swollen, it's hard to walk during the week. I don't know what to do about it. I am thinking of buying some thick insoles, and cutting the arch out of them to try to make them flat. Maybe I should bring them to a cobbler. Any thoughts?

icedancer2
03-25-2006, 03:11 PM
My bid dilemma is that I have really flat feet, and the arch in my riedells leaves my arches so swollen, it's hard to walk during the week. I don't know what to do about it. I am thinking of buying some thick insoles, and cutting the arch out of them to try to make them flat. Maybe I should bring them to a cobbler. Any thoughts?

You could have a cobbler, or skater-fitter person flatten the arches so they fit you. I have had this done in the past when the natural arch of my stock boots dug into my instep. Problem solved for we of the flatish-feet!:)