View Full Version : Hi There!

sarahmom3
03-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Hi There,
I'm so happy I found this place. My DD loves skating and so slowly, I'm getting into it here. So as the months go by, I'll have a lot of questions, im sure.

It is becoming more time consuming. We're all enjoying it adn I look forward to learning more about it with the help from all of you. So TIA!
Heather

Isk8NYC
03-18-2006, 07:21 AM
Welcome to skatingforums!

This is a nice and pretty active board. Most of the members are adults who skate, there's a handful of those who coach, and a lot of parents involved in skating. Sometimes, people are all three!

Look around and you'll find you can fit right in.

twokidsskatemom
03-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Hi
Im a skatemom to two kids and I skate but not very well :) Welcome !!

Tennisany1
03-19-2006, 05:18 PM
Hi there,

Welcome aboard! I am the mom of a skater and, like above, don't skate very well. Lots to learn but I'm enjoying the journey.

:)

sarahmom3
03-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Thanks for your kind welcomes. Im so impressed with those who skate with their kids. OMG! I'd be afraid I'd break my neck, lol! Seriously, my hobby is running and if I hurt myself skating I'd be so mad. The things I see kids do on little blades on ice, I can't do on solid land in tennies.

What I've learned form DDs skating is it is a family affair, that is for sure. We all work together to get dd to practices, pay for lessons, and generally support her. But she in return supports her sister in her soccer, me wit my running and my DH in his dirt bike ruding. We're a busy family.

Reading all of your posts these past couple of days has been an eye opener. I've learned a lot..thank you.
Heather (sarah's Mom)