View Full Version : rocker

nutty-ducky
08-27-2002, 10:40 AM
thanks for explaining on what a rocker, even though i got a bit confused! lol, i think i understand a bit though.

nutty-ducky
08-27-2002, 10:42 AM
sorry, i posted it in the wrong place! :oops: i was ment to post it in, "When should i upgrade to better blades?"
sorry! :oops:

Mrs Redboots
08-27-2002, 03:06 PM
Never mind. Quite a good idea to have a thread on its own.

Did you know - "you" meaning Nuttyducky and other beginners - that there are four different types of one-footed turn:

3-turns, where you turn in the direction of rotation and change edge, so you start on a LFO, and finish on a LBI.

Rockers, where you turn in the direction of rotation, but don't change edge, so you start on a LFO and finish on a LBO.

Brackets, where you turn *against* the direction of rotation, and change edge, LFO-LBI again.

Counters, where, obviously, you turn *against* the direction of rotation and don't change edge......

And each turn has 8 different ways of being done: LFO, LFI, RFO, RFI, LBO, LBI, RBO and RBI. So there are 32 different one-foot turns, and if you can do all of them, you're a better skater than I am!

nutty-ducky
08-27-2002, 03:54 PM
thanks Mrs Redboots for explaining, i have recently been wondering what are all the onther turns you can do on one foot, and now i know, so thanks!
wow! is there enough turns out there!? :) well so far i can only do three turns! so, i still have alot of turns to learn! d'oh! lol,
cat
:D

flo
08-27-2002, 04:01 PM
Great description of the turns! I can do the turns, and can't remember what they are. I think I'll draw them out and stick them in my skating book.