03-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Today is entry closing - so who's all committed???? :halo:

Mrs Redboots
03-15-2006, 01:06 PM
We are!

Together: Pre-bronze dance
Husband: Bronze Men IV
Me: Ladies Interpretive IV

And we're doing the camp afterwards, and then going to Italy for the weekend! And no, Becca, we are not, I hope, going to get stuck in a snowbank.

AND I've got some white hair-spray this year, and some white hair gel... might have enough to lend it round.

coskater64
03-15-2006, 01:24 PM
I am going to MC and O'dorf skating gold ladies in both. My hip will stay in Boulder and work on it's tan but at least 95% of me will be there. Why else would I do pre-gold solo dance?

8O

rlichtefeld
03-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Flo and I are going to skate in Gold Pairs. She's also skating Interp, and I hope to put together a FS program by then.

Rob

flo
03-16-2006, 01:19 PM
Rob - you can do it. After this intense pair training you can skate gold!

blue111moon
03-16-2006, 01:31 PM
Dottie and I are in for France and Germany with a side trip to Moscow in between.

2loop2loop
03-16-2006, 02:34 PM
I'm going to be there again and this time I will be bringing along four other members of my club. As usual I will be doing masters free and interp. No Tallinn for me as my sister is getting married that weekend and I don't qualify for Oberstdorf for another 3 years.

John

Mrs Redboots
03-17-2006, 05:06 AM
Who's doing the camp this year? Raye, I think you said you were - Joanne, Dottie, John?

I hear Dottie is bringing her 86-year-old dance partner.... does he hold the record for the oldest-ever competitor in an international competition? Or any competition, come to that.....

blue111moon
03-17-2006, 08:03 AM
Yes, Dottie and I are doing the MC camp. Oleg's been officially invited as well so that should be fun. And Jack, Dottie's dance partner is supposed to be coming, although I don't know how much he's going to do or how long he's staying.

This week I'm getting fitted for my new dress (the first custom dress I've ever had!) so I suppose I'd better practice the FS program, huh? I don't think I'd get many points for just standing in the middle of the ice and saying "See my pretty new dress!" :lol:

Mrs Redboots
03-17-2006, 11:55 AM
Yes, Dottie and I are doing the MC camp. Oleg's been officially invited as well so that should be fun. And Jack, Dottie's dance partner is supposed to be coming, although I don't know how much he's going to do or how long he's staying.They've certainly entered for pre-bronze dance, which means that our dear rivals and us are going to have to do it to what, for us, is totally the wrong music! Grrrrr.... don't get me started on that one, it really annoys me. But it would be too confusing for the judges to have one couple dancing to totally different music, albeit the same dance, as the other two couples!

This week I'm getting fitted for my new dress (the first custom dress I've ever had!) so I suppose I'd better practice the FS program, huh? I don't think I'd get many points for just standing in the middle of the ice and saying "See my pretty new dress!" :lol:Meanwhile I have a programme, sort of, but nothing to wear! And the DH has a sort-of programme, and a T-shirt on order. I hope.

coskater64
03-17-2006, 01:09 PM
Well, I have a new program, no dress and actually about 1/2 the program done as of today. I will preview it at AN's...it will be 2 weeks old by then, more than ready by MC and o'dorf it should be fine...I wonder what the ending will be?8O

flo
03-17-2006, 01:17 PM
coskater64 come cheer with me and Rob! Our interstate pairs program is also not yet finished. I made the final cuts of the music on Sunday, and our costumes are almost finished!

Raye
03-17-2006, 02:29 PM
There are nine of us from our Synchro team coming to compete this year, we've entered our Synchro Number, and most of us doing single and/or dance events as well.

I am starting a new Interpretive this week, and I am entered in the figures and solo dance

I would like to do the camp this year, and was quite looking forward to it, but the team is going on to Tallinn..... so we'll see.

mikawendy
03-17-2006, 03:35 PM
Well, I have a new program, no dress and actually about 1/2 the program done as of today. I will preview it at AN's...it will be 2 weeks old by then, more than ready by MC and o'dorf it should be fine...I wonder what the ending will be?8O

Well, if the ending is not choreographed, you could put skating moves on a Twister spinner, and have someone spin the spinner and call out moves as you skate! (Just kidding!) :lol:

2loop2loop
03-17-2006, 03:39 PM
I would like to do the camp this year, and was quite looking forward to it, but the team is going on to Tallinn..... so we'll see.

Wasn't there a plan for everyone to go from Villard to Tallinn together on the Thursday? Even if the Canadian team are going earlier you may still be able to fit in one or two days at the camp.

I enjoyed the camp last year, but I haven't decided whether I will be able to do it this time around. It may depend on whether I can find a roomie!

John

Mrs Redboots
03-17-2006, 04:09 PM
There are nine of us from our Synchro team coming to compete this year, we've entered our Synchro Number, and most of us doing single and/or dance events as well.
Sounds like Team Canada will be even louder than usual this year, even without Denis! (Oh well, our lot just beat your lot into Bronze in the gymnastics at the Commonwealth Games).
I enjoyed the camp last year, but I haven't decided whether I will be able to do it this time around. It may depend on whether I can find a roomie!Sorry we can't offer this year, but we've (non-skating) friends coming - might even miss some of the parties :cry:!

coskater64
03-17-2006, 05:33 PM
The spinner idea sounds good, it seriously couldn't hurt, a double jump, double twizzle, potato, pootatoooe....it's all the same.:lol:

I just have to finish the details in my travelling plans, got planes, no trains, and I am NOT getting on that scary little bus again up to Villard and no one wants me to drive.

:D

Mrs Redboots
03-18-2006, 07:39 AM
I just have to finish the details in my travelling plans, got planes, no trains, and I am NOT getting on that scary little bus again up to Villard and no one wants me to drive.

:DWhen and where do you arrive? Absolutely no promises, but we just possibly could give you a lift from Lyon Airport if you were arriving early Thursday afternoon..... but, like I said, no promises!

coskater64
03-18-2006, 08:43 AM
I am travelling w/ Liz McG this year, I haven't made the train reservation yet...little lazy. We come into Geneva and take a train to Grenoble and probably a cab up since we get in around 7 ish.

But thanks for the offer!:D

Mrs Redboots
03-18-2006, 09:03 AM
I am travelling w/ Liz McG this year, I haven't made the train reservation yet...little lazy. We come into Geneva and take a train to Grenoble and probably a cab up since we get in around 7 ish.

But thanks for the offer!:DIn fact, not lazy about the trains - you can't reserve French trains more than 2 months in advance, so today's the first day you could make that reservation!

Oh [expletive]! Only two months... help!!!!!

Raye
03-27-2006, 03:00 AM
Wasn't there a plan for everyone to go from Villard to Tallinn together on the Thursday? Even if the Canadian team are going earlier you may still be able to fit in one or two days at the camp.

I enjoyed the camp last year, but I haven't decided whether I will be able to do it this time around. It may depend on whether I can find a roomie!

John
Hi John: At the moment, I don't know what the rest of the team's plans are for between MC and Tallinn, and though it WOULD be fun to travel to Tallinn with everyone on the Thursday, I think I'll likely be travelling with my team.

flo
04-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Heard from mountain cup - there are more pairs registered. Looking forward to it!