View Full Version : New Touring Ice Show in the works...

ExtremeIceShow
03-09-2006, 05:02 PM
For more info regarding this new Ice show which is currently looking for both male and female skaters go to:

http://extremeiceshow.tripod.com/

phoenix
03-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Though this has been posted in multiple places, I'll just post the 1 reply:

To the poster: your website has no information about your company, background, what shows you've produced, who's involved, etc.; not even a phone number or names of the people producing the shows, and only a hotmail email address. To be blunt, it looks a little shady; if you are for real, you need to disclose a lot more information and be more thorough in your informatin.

To those skaters who might be interested: see my comments above. I'd be very leery of sending out personal info/videos to this place. There are lots of ice shows out there who are well known & absolutely legitimate. Until this organization gets more detailed and looks more professional, IMO you should steer clear.

my 2 cents.

flippet
03-09-2006, 06:20 PM
I agree. Thusly, I'm closing all the threads.

ExtremeIceShow
03-09-2006, 07:38 PM
Dear skaters, coaches, and parents,

If you have ever dreamed of touring in a professional ice show this may be your calling. A new ice show is currently in the works, to start touring early 2007. For more information or to send your application in for consideration please visit:

Or for more information simply email extremeiceshow@hotmail.com

Thank you and good luck!

ExtremeIceShow
03-09-2006, 07:40 PM

If you have ever dreamed of touring in a professional ice show this may be your calling. A new ice show is currently in the works, to start touring early 2007. For more information or to send your application in for consideration please visit:

Thank you and good luck!

ExtremeIceShow
03-09-2006, 07:41 PM

Thank you and good luck!

ExtremeIceShow
03-09-2006, 07:42 PM

Thank you and good luck!

wishicouldskate
03-09-2006, 08:13 PM
I smell a scam.

fire_ice
03-09-2006, 08:23 PM
haha good call

Isk8NYC
03-09-2006, 08:43 PM
I merged the extra threads in with this one.

John Q
03-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Does the M Craigmyle have any relation to or is he Michael Craigmyle?

ExtremeIceShow
03-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Michael Craigmyle is the coordinator of our project. Have your doubts, but this is in no way a scam. He's currently working with current and former team Canada skaters in an effort to put this show together. If you consider yourself at that level or have a trick you would like to show off, then apply as that is what the group is looking for. Cheers

blades
03-09-2006, 10:11 PM
8-)

perhaps a little more backgroung would be in order m.c...

what kind of venues do you have in mind?...who's doing choreography?...where's the financing comming from?...who else besides yourself is involved?

there's already one associate promoter based in barrie...are you working with him or are you going out on your own?...

jp1andOnly
03-09-2006, 10:21 PM
looking at the info on the website, I recognized the name of the producer/organizer. If it is who I think it is, then he is a very respectable Canadian.

VegasGirl
03-10-2006, 05:37 AM
Wasn't this thread closed yesterday because of questionable intent?

VegasGirl
03-10-2006, 05:46 AM
P.S. All skaters be extremely cautious!!! DO NOT send any personal info to the above link or email address.

The "company" was founded, as they say, just a very short while ago in 2006 and I haven't been able to find any info about it on the internet. The whole thing sounds very very fishy to me!!! Don't be lured into a possible scheme...

mdvask8r
03-10-2006, 06:56 AM
Wasn't this thread closed yesterday because of questionable intent?I thought the same thing! Now there is also a note that the redundant threads have been consolidated, yet there are still two threads. AND, the website has added a new section "About the Company", that says nothing other than apologizing for no information. Oh, and that the company was established in January 2006.

BEWARE.

jp1andOnly
03-10-2006, 07:32 AM
I looked at the info and the person listed is a well known Canadian male skater. (at least known by other skaters in Canada). If the person listed is the skater, then I wouldn't be worried.

VegasGirl
03-10-2006, 10:04 AM
If he is, why make such a secret of it?
I'd think it would benefit his cause to advertise that fact not "hide" it... still fishy to me.

Skate_queen
03-10-2006, 12:28 PM
If he is, why make such a secret of it?
I'd think it would benefit his cause to advertise that fact not "hide" it... still fishy to me.

How is it fishy? Does it not say that M.Craigmyle is part of this whole thing? How is that making "such a secret of it"? Anyone with common sense should beable to figure out that it is indeed Michael Craigmyle, and that he isn't trying to make a secret of that fact. How about before posting you actually check it out, and realize that he is not trying to "hide" the fact.

VegasGirl
03-10-2006, 12:47 PM
I did check it out and other than the signature M. Craigmyle and the title underneath there was no further info. And when I ran a search on the internet for M. Craigmyle there was no direct hits for either some canadian skater or a president of a production number... come to think of it, when I searched for extreme ice show there were no direct hits either, just other stuff coming up.

And now that you're telling me it could maybe... possibly... by chance... be Michael Craigmyle I ran a search on him. Checked first 3 pages and no connection with a new skating show or a production company named extreme ice. So maybe it's not him afterall... M. could stand for Michael... could also stand for Mark, Max, Maximillian, Marcus, Myles, Milo, Marco, Michel, Mario, Manuela, Michaela, Michelle, Maria, Mona, Madonna, etc etc etc...

My questions stands... if it truly is the Michael Craigmyle that you guys are talking about why not say so on the webpage? Wouldn't that make the whole thing sound more credible?

Maybe you're right that he (if it is him) is not trying to "hide" the fact... he sure ain't making it easy to figure it either though!!!

flippet
03-10-2006, 12:55 PM
'ExtremeIceShow'...it's bad form to A) spam the boards with the same post in multiple places, and then B) do it again once the moderators have closed/removed your threads. Do it again, and you'll be banned.

Everyone else---it's your call, that's why I didn't remove the link, but I agree that it looks at best, poorly put together, and at worst, shady. If someone is completely on the up-and-up, they ought to have no problem listing all sorts of contact information, etc.