View Full Version : Ladies Gold III Qualify round at AN?

PattyP
02-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Does anyone know if there is enough entries into this event to have the qualifying round on Wed? I have yet to make my airline reservations and would like to fly out later if this is not on the schedule.

There was no qualifying round last year.

Debbie S
02-28-2006, 12:00 PM
And here's another question: when are Bronze Ladies Qual rounds and finals? A friend is going (first year at AN) and isn't sure when she should make her reservations. (she is a III, and I assume there will be a qual round for that group) I know nothing official's been sent out yet, but I was wondering if anyone had gotten unoffical news.

rlichtefeld
02-28-2006, 12:35 PM
Nothing out from the LOC yet.

The best guess as to the schedule for Bronze was in the announcement - Qual rounds on Wednesday, and finals on Friday.

Rob

sk8er1964
02-28-2006, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know if there is enough entries into this event to have the qualifying round on Wed? I have yet to make my airline reservations and would like to fly out later if this is not on the schedule.

There was no qualifying round last year.

The only time in the past three years that we've had a QR for Gold II was in Lake Placid. Ann Arbor and Kansas City did not. Don't know if the age bracket changes will change things.

Can you email the LOC and ask them? Good luck at AN, PattyP - I won't be there this year. :cry: Have a glass of wine for me!

PattyP
02-28-2006, 03:11 PM
Can you email the LOC and ask them? Good luck at AN, PattyP - I won't be there this year. :cry: Have a glass of wine for me!

That was my next step. I just wanted to check to see if anyone else had already done that.

Thanks! I'm going to really need it.

Bummer you wont be there. :cry: My coach, Sherri can't make it this year either. I'll have to find some other winos at AN this year. Who likes red??

icecatepairs
02-28-2006, 10:55 PM
hi, call the cahirperson lsited first on the phone list of the application...i did and found out that the schedule has been changed quite a bit and that ladies gold 1 nd 2 are combined with no qr as is mens silver 1 ad 2. i son't want to post her number in case aby non skating people log on as guests and it is her home phone number..you never know , people are sick these days...anyway she was very nice so to all my skating friends...give her a call.

Mrs Redboots
03-01-2006, 05:52 AM
Who likes red??Is it really almost a year since Overland Park - it must be, I suppose!

Wish we were going to be in Dallas, but we need new windows. So have a large glass of red for me, whoever you have it with!

PattyP
03-01-2006, 10:35 AM
They just told me that my event Gold 3 has 17 skaters and is scheduled for Thurs at 11:05am with no qualifying round. They also said it was tenative and could change.

So I made a decision this morning and bought my ticket.
Mrs. Redboots, sorry you can't make it this year. I will raise a large glass of Cabernet to you during the event, you too Sk8er1964!

flo
03-01-2006, 10:47 AM
There are 9 gold pairs.

sk8er1964
03-01-2006, 12:00 PM
I will raise a large glass of Cabernet to you during the event, you too Sk8er1964!

While you're skating??!! :yum:

17 seems to be a lot. How many did we have last year?

coskater64
03-01-2006, 01:36 PM
Last year there were 15 or 16 in gold ladies 2, currently 3 this year so that sounds about right.

PattyP
03-01-2006, 03:09 PM
While you're skating??!! :yum:

17 seems to be a lot. How many did we have last year?

Now that would be a trick! Coskater is correct. There were 16 entered and 1 withdrew.

Stormy
03-02-2006, 08:23 PM
I am definitely going to call about the schedule...I haven't made my flights yet either and I want to before it gets super expensive. I'll be in Silver I.