View Full Version : Proflex skate?

cecealias
02-23-2006, 07:47 PM
I was wondering if anyone has tried or has heard any opinions on the proflex skate.

I'm wondering if they are a worth a try as they seem to give more ankle bending flexibility than the traditional skate. Or is this just another gimmick that will lead to an easy boot breakdown and bad news for multi revolution jumps?

Sorry i think this link only works if you're a subscriber..
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB114014691681476717-email.html

EastonSkater
02-23-2006, 07:51 PM
I don't think I'd bother unless most of the best skaters use them...even though they come from jackson.

cecealias
02-23-2006, 07:55 PM
I saw on Ice Diaries that Alyssa Csziny was using them and helped her with her ankle problems but haven't heard elsewhere?

racytracy
02-23-2006, 09:04 PM
a few girls at the rink where i skate have them and have been having trouble with the hinge parts on the sides slipping out. i haven't actually seen them in person but they look a bit bulky also, like a ski boot.

EastonSkater
02-23-2006, 09:20 PM
a few girls at the rink where i skate have them and have been having trouble with the hinge parts on the sides slipping out. i haven't actually seen them in person but they look a bit bulky also, like a ski boot.

Yeah....it's probably better to wait for the next generation of the hinged boot to come out before considering getting one. It's just like a new version of Windoze ... they bring it out. Then the customers tell them everything that's wrong with it, and then service pack 2 comes out...so the new version should be the one that everybody should get instead...with all the bugs ironed out.