View Full Version : I Got My NEW Skates!!!!!

cassarilda
02-23-2006, 12:38 AM
:D :D

I got the phone call the other day to say my skates were in, so I headed on down to try them on yesterday... they fit well, and despite all good intentions of putting them on layby, a cheque had been cleared in my account, so I just paid for them outright!! :roll: :halo:

So I have my new pair of GRAF Prestige skates (and GRAF Lawsanne blades) sitting in the loungeroom waiting for me to adjust the blades :D So far its just the right one that needs a slight adjustment...

Its so strange, cos they actually fit :o , and Im not as mentally paranoid about clipping my blades together, cos instead of being 10 2/3 long (old pair), my new blades are 9 3/4 long My old boots are sized at 275mm, my newbies are 245mm... 8O Talk about too big for me!! The big test will be my next skating session of course...

My old skates are so huge in comparison , and the toe of the boots are obviously skinner (more of a V shape) than mine which are more of a semi circle shape - more like a bracket ).

They are a lot wider (THANK GOD!!! :bow: ), so much more comfy...

I havent been skating in them yet, thats for either Saturday (if I decide to participate at Dance Club) or Sunday for my lesson (beginner :D ).. I'll let you all know how I go :D

Im slightly excited.. can you tell??? :roll: :lol: :halo:

And of course, the compulsory photograph.. Complete with my gorgeous plum/mulberry coloured blade guards I bought. :D

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c43/cassarilda/_MG_0986_crop.jpg

racytracy
02-23-2006, 12:40 AM
congrats and good luck with them!!! it's so hard to skate in skates that aren't RIGHT. :)

SkatingOnClouds
02-23-2006, 02:05 AM
Good news Erinna ! You might want to get used to them before braving the dance class. Even though they feel good, they'll still take a little getting used to.

I also had skates which were too long for me before I got my Grafs. I found it took a little while to get used to a slightly different balance point.

Raye
02-23-2006, 03:15 AM
Ooooooooooh they're GORGEOUS. And I do note the plum guards - purple rules. Enjoy!

Mrs Redboots
02-23-2006, 03:59 AM
Brilliant! I'm delighted for you. Do let us know how you get on with wearing them in, and tell us when they feel comfortable and like "your" skates!

AW1
02-23-2006, 05:14 AM
ooh Erinna they look good! You must be about the same size as me. My Risports I was skating in were 270 and I'm a 245 (should be) so was in the same boat - got them big to accommodate the width and didn't realise this was the wrong thing to do!
Out of curiousity how wide are your feet? Mine are like over 4 inches flat, so I'm curious to find out about your Graf's...

Yay for new skates!!

Rusty Blades
02-23-2006, 05:21 AM
Slightly excited? I should hope so! New skates (that fit) are cause for excitement :)

nerd_on_ice
02-23-2006, 12:58 PM
instead of being 10 2/3 long (old pair), my new blades are 9 3/4 long

Been there, done that! My first pair of skates (Riedell 292--the "Gold Medallion" model, I think) had 10 1/2" blades; the blades on my current Klingbeils are 9 3/4. The first time I skated in them was such a revelation: I felt like I was skating on my feet instead of on my skates, if that makes any sense!

Your guards are lovely--once again I'm inspired to "lose" my current pair.

Enjoy your new skates!