View Full Version : Ordering new boots (mostly just complaining)

racytracy
02-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Note: Seriously, sorry for all the text. I'm grumpy.

I ordered a pair of Riedell 1500HLS skates last week (on the 13th) and when I went to the shop today to inquire about how long it would take for them to come it because it turns out they are backordered I was told they wouldn't be at the shop until MARCH 20!!! Gah!

While most of this is my fault for waiting to long to order new boots I'm really down about it because the longer it takes for them to come in the longer it will be before I can work on a lot of the moves I've learned.

Basically, I have Gold Stars now and they are so broken down that no matter how tightly I lace them are still loose. I know they are broken down and I know I need new ones I'm just grumpy because I wont have them until the middle of March.

I think I may take my blades and have them mounted on a pair of beginner Riedell boots that I have here just for the next few weeks.

If you read the whole way through this, you are a saint.

Isk8NYC
02-21-2006, 03:34 PM
Talk to the owner/manager of the pro shop and ask if they can call to check on the status of your order. That may expedite it a bit.

racytracy
02-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Talk to the owner/manager of the pro shop and ask if they can call to check on the status of your order. That may expedite it a bit.

We did call. The problem is Riedell will not get the skate into their warehouse until March 14 so I'm not likely to have it until the 20th. I even asked if they had Royals and Gold Stars in my size and they don't. Apparently the warehouse has been a bit overwhelmed and something about new boot styles.

renatele
02-21-2006, 06:37 PM
If your skates are totally broken down, you might want to try to have them rebuilt - ask your coach/pro shop if they know anyone in the area who could do that for you. Should take way less time than waiting a month for your new Riedells, and while you'd still need to break the ankles in, from what I've heard, it takes way less time than breaking in new boots, so you should be able to practice MITF in your old boots till you get the new ones.

techskater
02-22-2006, 07:41 AM
If you live anywhere near Chicago, Mont Clare Shoe Repair on Grand Avenue will rebuild your skates for about $50 and they will be like BRICKS!!!!