View Full Version : GUYS ONLY have hokey players ever called you gay?

sk8ertim
02-19-2006, 11:11 PM
Like on my previus rink I actualy got called gay and that tipe junk.

stardust skies
02-19-2006, 11:25 PM
I'm not a guy but there's nothing wrong with being gay so there wouldn't be any insult in someone thinking that you are. Just tell them that you're flattered they think you have such great style (since gay people in generla far exceed straight people in terms of style and carriage) but that no, you are available to any ladies that might be interested.

The guys into hockey are just jealous that you don't have to put on padding that smells like shit and that you get to skate around with a bunch of girls in short skirts.

If someone calls you gay, just say "Yeah? Well you're so hetero!" Does that sound stupid? Okay, then so does someone calling you gay. Make them realize it.

PS: I really don't see why you'd make a "guys only" threads. Girls give good advice too, and there are only like...three guys on this whole board. Guys are the minority in figure skating, which is why you're getting the stereotype. But hey, if you're straight, you should be more worried about what the girls think anyways. ;)

Casey
02-20-2006, 12:43 AM
Does anybody actually care about what immature hockey players have to say?

EastonSkater
02-20-2006, 12:53 AM
Like on my previus rink I actualy got called gay and that tipe shit.

I wouldn't worry about it, because some world class hockey players actually did figure skating first. It is super beneficial to have excellent skating skills in hockey.

You've seen some of those guy skaters in the pairs skating at the olympics right? I bet that one of those guys would be able to clobber any one of those guys that called you gay.

The whole thing is about personality and attitude only. Out of every group, there are the immature and nasty ones. Same with hockey players. There are the good ones, and then there are those that aren't too good. But these bad ones are probably the ones that will get clobbered eventually when they say the wrong thing to the wrong person.

cassarilda
02-20-2006, 02:26 AM
Hubby was taunted when he started...

His response??

"Lets see... would I rather play with the other BOYS, ramming them from behind into the barrier?? Or would I rather play with the GIRLS????!! "

:lol: :lol: :D

Its silly really, cos Ive seen it more and more times, that figure and dance skaters seem to have more strength and speed than the hockey players... well.. any hockey players Ive seen pit themselves against a dancing pair anyway.. Ive actually seen a hockey player knocked over by a pair of dancers in the middle of their routine cos he got in the way... ;) it was quite hilarious.. :D

EastonSkater
02-20-2006, 02:50 AM
Not sure what speed the best figure skaters can do. But it takes a pro hockey player roughly 13.5 to 14 seconds to do 1 lap around the rink from a standing position.

stardust skies
02-20-2006, 02:53 AM
Not sure what speed the best figure skaters can do. But it takes a pro hockey player roughly 13.5 to 14 seconds to do 1 lap around the rink from a standing position.

But aside for chasing a puck around aimlessly, that's sort of the extent of their prowess.

"If figure skating were easy, they'd call it hockey."

EastonSkater
02-20-2006, 02:58 AM
But aside for chasing a puck around aimlessly, that's sort of the extent of their prowess.

"If figure skating were easy, they'd call it hockey."

yeah....I wouldn't go there, as in knocking each discipline, since they're different. Figure skating has it's own skills, and so does ice hockey. A top figure skater may not have what it takes to be a top ice hockey player, and vice versa.

And when you say 'extent of THEIR prowess', those are words coming from yourself.....you're not actually speaking for all hockey players, because that's not the way that all of them think.

EastonSkater
02-20-2006, 03:10 AM
And that comment about the hockey skater going around in 14 seconds. It doesn't mean that a 'hockey' player is faster than a figure skater, because some hockey players are figure skaters too, and vice versa. It means that a person wearing hockey skates might be faster around the rink compared to wearing figure skates. Hockey skates have narrower blades....so that might be something to do with it.

cassarilda
02-20-2006, 03:29 AM
oops... didnt want to sound like I was knocking anyone with my comments.. :)

Just wanted to mean the hockey players Ive seen taunting figures or dancers...

I am by no means bagging the sport... :)

Just the hockey players Ive seen who arent that fantastic, but think they are gods gift to the ice babes ;)

Ive never seen a GOOD "pro" league hockey game... I dont even know if we have one in Australia.. 8O :)

EastonSkater
02-20-2006, 03:47 AM
yeah.....no pro ice hockey leagues in australia at all. I know what people mean though, about some skaters that 'wear' hockey skates on ice in public sessions....thinking that they're really good. But these are often the skaters that actually aren't that good, and are just trying to show off to newbie skaters what they've learned. At the rink I go to, I've seen one guy in hockey skates that folds his arms while skating, acting as if he's really experienced on the ice....but he actually knows hardly anything. It's hilarious. You can often see how they skate....like cross-overs...the way he cross over but his inside skate doesn't do the cross-over push, and/or his inside skate lifts right off the ice....obvious signs that he's had no proper skating lessons or advice from experienced skaters. Even the way they stroke .... dead give-away.

BelleOnIce
02-20-2006, 04:13 AM
Mostly the ones I see here in Scotland skating in public sessions in hockey skates are not even hockey players, and there the only ones Iv ever heard calling male figure skaters names.
My brother was a hockey player and another friend I have actually went to play in the NHL and neither of them would even consider insulting someone else, infact Im pretty sure they probably had gay guys on the team they played in here.
You probably find the ones who are worst are the ones who are not good enough for EITHER hockey or figure skating, it's the wannabes!

Casey
02-20-2006, 06:50 AM
And that comment about the hockey skater going around in 14 seconds. It doesn't mean that a 'hockey' player is faster than a figure skater, because some hockey players are figure skaters too, and vice versa. It means that a person wearing hockey skates might be faster around the rink compared to wearing figure skates. Hockey skates have narrower blades....so that might be something to do with it.
I've heard this same excuse told by the hockey skate sharpener to different skaters at a rink I go to sometimes (that is, the bit about hockey skates being faster by design). However, I have come to the determination that it's a complete load of balogne, because I have yet to meet *anybody* on hockey skates who I cannot outpace on figure skates and have only encountered one who could nearly keep up. And that with 7' rocker blades too - 8' are supposedly faster.

I'm sure there are some really good hockey pros out there who could do it, but likewise there are really good figure skating pros who could probably outpace them. ;)

EastonSkater
02-20-2006, 06:56 AM
I've heard this same excuse told by the hockey skate sharpener to different skaters at a rink I go to sometimes (that is, the bit about hockey skates being faster by design). However, I have come to the determination that it's a complete load of balogne, because I have yet to meet *anybody* on hockey skates who I cannot outpace on figure skates and have only encountered one who could nearly keep up. And that with 7' rocker blades too - 8' are supposedly faster.

I'm sure there are some really good hockey pros out there who could do it, but likewise there are really good figure skating pros who could outpace them. ;)

It's no excuse at all. The hockey skates have narrower blades, and they also don't have a toe pick. You can't do the hockey starts with a toe pick, unless you want to do a face plant. Too bad that I'm not where you are. I'd definitely put you to the test against myself. Or some of my friends that are very very fast.

I suspect that figure skates might be faster over a longer distance 'race', since their blade may be longer and provide more stability. But for short distance sprints, I reckon the hockey skate will win out.

samba
02-20-2006, 07:09 AM
You know what I really love about public sessions, its watching the hockey show-offs dashing around racing and scaring everyone, I take great delight in over-taking them at a leisurely one stroke to their two or three.

EastonSkater
02-20-2006, 07:29 AM
You know what I really love about public sessions, its watching the hockey show-offs dashing around racing and scaring everyone, I take great delight in over-taking them at a leisurely one stroke to their two or three.

I think that's because they're not really good/real hockey players. Real hockey players take off really really quickly, and pick up speed real quickly as well. The guys you see are probably novice hockey skaters. The thing is....very good figure skaters or very good ice hockey players can both skate very fast. Over short distances, hockey skate should win....they let you do quick hockey starts. Over long distances, figure skate might be expected to win due to the longer blade...perhaps slightly more stroking power and stability. Personally, I don't like undisciplined skaters of any sort on the public ice that terrorise and don't seem to have much respect for the safety of other skaters on the public rec sessions.

samba
02-20-2006, 07:39 AM
I think that's because they're not really good/real hockey players. Real hockey players take off really really quickly, and pick up speed real quickly as well. The guys you see are probably novice hockey skaters. The thing is....very good figure skaters or very good ice hockey players can both skate very fast. Over short distances, hockey skate should win....they let you do quick hockey starts. Over long distances, figure skate might be expected to win due to the longer blade...perhaps slightly more stroking power and stability. Personally, I don't like undisciplined skaters of any sort on the public ice that terrorise and don't seem to have much respect for the safety of other skaters on the public rec sessions.

You are so right, I think I should have said session show-offs with hockey boots, and of course the odd one or two without.

EastonSkater
02-20-2006, 07:40 AM
You are so right, I think I should have said session show-offs with hockey boots.

Completely agree.

Skate@Delaware
02-20-2006, 08:07 AM

I'm sure there are some really good hockey pros out there who could do it, but likewise there are really good figure skating pros who could probably outpace them. ;)
I'm on an 8.5' blade---I can go pretty fast (speed skater wanna-be)!!! I race my son a lot (he has played hockey for 3 years) sometimes I let him win ;) . He is getting ready to take figure skating lessons-he said he'd "try" it for a bit. No one better call him names-he will take them out! Someone was teasing him at the rink once, so he skated in front of them and they had to veer off into the wall-he told them to leave him alone...they did. I don't normally encourage this type of behavior, but I do believe in standing up for yourself. He is 10.

Simon_skates
02-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Hi
Yea Ive also heard people calling me gay when i figure skate.
"Look at that gay guy".
It must be because its more unusual with guys figure skating.
Just like knitting maybe.

beachbabe
02-20-2006, 09:23 AM
you know what...they are really jsut jelous of how you get to be with hot figure skating girls haha...don't even worry about it.

And if they keep bothering you, ask them to jump a triple axel and they will shut right up

I would never call a guy gay for figure skating, if anything I love it, b/c i wanna do paired skating one day.

EastonSkater
02-20-2006, 09:36 AM
I think it just boils down to attitude. The ones that do the name calling simply have bad attitudes..... either due to their upbringing, or just inbuilt in their own nature. Luckily not everybody is like that.

mintypoppet
02-20-2006, 09:44 AM
On my way into the rink the other day, I overheard one teen with hockey skates saying to his friend "I understand why girls figure skate, but why would a guy do it? I just don't get how their minds work". The temptation was to say "Well, they need huge strength, skill and control, and they get the adoration of most of the young girls on the rink!"

There was a male ice dancer of about the same age practising his routine at the time, and later helping a few of the wobblier girls get onto the ice safely. The two hockey boys then spent the next hour scaring the life out of them - charming. I know which one I have more respect for. I'd far rather be called gay by an ignorant person, than to be called ignorant by anyone.

sue123
02-20-2006, 09:48 AM
I'm a believer that if you want to make it to the top in any sport, you have to be respectful to those around you. Hockey players and figure skaters share a common venue, so we run into each other a lot. I can't imagine a pro hockey player saying something like male figure skaters are gay, probably because they have an understanding of what it takes to actually propel yourself around the rink. Add to that the difficulty of jumps, spins, and controlled turns on one foot, and it's a completely different ball game. Hockey has it's difficultness too. Controlling the puck on a amll piece of wood, all the while trying to not let the other team take control of it. And forget being a goalie, having to face 90 mph shots, I'd flip out.

Actually, I"ve met a couple pro hockey players once (I'm a hockey fan, Let's go Rangers!) and when they found out that I figure skate, I think because they asked me what happened to my knee. I told them I had a skating accident, and not once did they even have the "figure skating is for sissies" look. ONe of them even said he didn't think he'd be able to ever get his butt in the air that high unless he was being hip checked by somebody. Couurse, they could have also just been being nice to their fans, but still.. You gotta respect each other.

Casey
02-20-2006, 10:21 AM
It's no excuse at all. The hockey skates have narrower blades, and they also don't have a toe pick. You can't do the hockey starts with a toe pick, unless you want to do a face plant. Too bad that I'm not where you are. I'd definitely put you to the test against myself. Or some of my friends that are very very fast.

I suspect that figure skates might be faster over a longer distance 'race', since their blade may be longer and provide more stability. But for short distance sprints, I reckon the hockey skate will win out.
It doesn't matter one bit if the blades are narrower - you can get dance blades that are narrower than either and they don't go any faster. If anything, the weight is less distributed over a narrower blade, so you'd dig into the ice more which would slow you down.

I don't know (or care) what hockey starts are, but I am quite positive that having toepicks does not hinder my acceleration ability in the slightest.

As for distance, the times I've set up a race with anybody it's been from one end of the rink to the other, or perhaps a single lap.

Like I said, I'm sure you could find some exceptional skaters to try to break the general rule. But there is nothing inherently faster about hockey skates.

iskatealot
02-20-2006, 10:29 AM

Whatever the speed is, it is definitly faster than that. I met Barb Underhill one day and she was telling us that she skates with the Toronto Maple Leafs sometimes and she outskates them all the time (and this was only last year) and she is a lot older and not a competitive skater anymore....

Mrs Redboots
02-20-2006, 11:23 AM
I think that the perception about the sexuality of male figure skaters must be more of an American thing than a British one! Certainly it's not so at our rink - most of the male skaters are middle-aged married men who skate with their wives! And sometimes when we've had a would-be elite skater give up, it's been because of girlfriend trouble....

Certainly we tease our hockey-playing friends, saying things like "If figure skating were easy, they'd call it hockey", and "Poor thing, he can't skate without pads on!" and "Wouldn't you think he'd rather skate with a woman than with a stick?"

The last usually gets replies like, "Nah, sticks don't argue!" or "Nah, if I break my stick it's a heck of a lot cheaper!" - it's all good fun!

And I've noticed that some of the people who start off with hockey skates and get as far as private lessons on them watch the elite dancers, and even the s***e dancers like us, and decide they've bought the wrong sort of skates.

crayonskater
02-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Very different styles of skating. Hockey skaters don't have to worry about edge strength nearly as much (who cares if you're elegant as long as you're fast), but figure skaters aren't encumbered by padding. I do find that intra-mural level hockey players are slower than I am, at least in a push-to-speed comparison.

It's easier for public session skaters to get started on hockey skates, I think because the skates are more comfortable and they can run on the sides of the runners.

EastonSkater
02-20-2006, 12:45 PM
I think it's pointless to say that one is faster than so and so, unless there's real proof of it. A good start to settling that kind of thing is to have a formal competition between pro hockey skaters (with their padding removed) and pro figure skaters. Or some properly organised university and/or club challenges.

There could be different races....1 lap, a few laps, many laps. If it can be organised....good. If not.....then better not bother trying to determine who's really faster, since there's no solid proof of it. So far, there are at least 'official' lap times for all-star challenges of pro hockey players around the NHL rink. So perhaps if there is similar data for all-star figure skater challenges around a rink of similar size, then maybe a rough comparison could be made. Although, the hardness of the ice would be unknown, and could affect the speed a little.

TimDavidSkate
02-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Back when I was a teenager ~ at my old rink I was getting teased a lot by one hockey player.
(He was trying to impress his friends)
I ended up making out with him in my car :halo:

---All these "straight" men tries to be cool and act like a jack a**, but inside them, it's just another BrokeBack Mountain kinda guy!!! I dated a cop, hockey player, basketball, football, and baseball player. All of them act straight and tease flamboyant men, unfortunately just to act cool ~

sawie i thought it would be funny - just relax ...no harm done

Figureskates
02-20-2006, 02:05 PM
I got teased at the last place I worked...going back about 5 years ago.

My response was, "let's see, I am the only guy out on the ice surrounded by many hard bodied, athletic females in skimpy skirts and the problem is?" Come to find out a few years later that this individual had some serious personal issues...

Isk8NYC
02-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Tim David kissing-and-telling. Shame on you! :bow: :lol:

I suppose "Yeah, and ..." isn't a valid reply, huh?
How about "Takes one to know one!"?

Before I leave, since I'm not a guy, let me point out that the hockey vs. figure skating speed posts are hijacking. Snicker, snicker. Who's got issues now?

samba
02-20-2006, 03:17 PM
Too much information Tim, very schoolboy/girlish.

TimDavidSkate
02-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Hey Sk8erTim, I bet you, if you catch one hockey player by themselves, they wont be calling you names. Try to avoid them when they are all together, bc that smells trouble. Where are you from by the way?

jazzpants
02-20-2006, 03:51 PM
Ummmm... Tim.... TMI???? :oops: (I really didn't need to know THAT MUCH detail!!!) 8O :lol:

EastonSkater
02-20-2006, 05:02 PM
Back when I was a teenager ~ at my old rink I was getting teased a lot by one hockey player.

---In details, he needed a ride home so I sighed and agreed. Then he was joking around with me, trying to tickle me while I drive. I said, "if you dont stop, I will :-) :-) :-)" He suprisingly agreed, then one thing led to another.
All these "straight" men tries to be cool and act like a jack a**, but inside them, it's just another BrokeBack Mountain kinda guy!!! I dated a cop, hockey player, basketball, football, and baseball player. All of them act straight and tease flamboyant men, unfortunately just to act cool ~

I see .... so you really are ghey then, and so was that particular hockey player. So you simply posted that message to tell everybody not only of your polarity, but also your sex acts. Immature, very immature.

stardust skies
02-20-2006, 05:37 PM
Why is it immature for Tim to say he's gay and that he made out with another gay guy who pretended to be straight? He didn't give any gory details or anything, it really wasn't "TMI". I think it's a great example of the fact that most of the guys who are homophobes are actually closet homosexuals themselves and when they are picking on other guys (gay or not) they're really trying to make THEMSELVES feel bad for feelings they don't want to have. It's a classic response, really.

EastonSkater
02-20-2006, 05:47 PM
I think it's a great example of the fact that most of the guys who are homophobes are actually closet homosexuals themselves and when they are picking on other guys (gay or not) they're really trying to make THEMSELVES feel bad for feelings they don't want to have. It's a classic response, really.

Have you got solid proof of what you just said above?

beachbabe
02-20-2006, 05:52 PM
i believe its called sublimation maybe?

that is a true psychological phenomenon

cheaters accuse other sof cheating the most, alcoholics accuse others of drinking too much, snobs accuse others of being too snobby

so yes there is proff of this in studies that were done on sublimation ( not quite sure thats wat its called)

I've always found the skaters (hockey or figure) who actually know what theya re doing, are polite and nice, while the ones who have no clue and act as if they are good, always act rude and stuck up

EastonSkater
02-20-2006, 05:56 PM
If there's solid proof of that, then it's something to discuss. But without proof that this happens on a large scale or in general, it's baseless.

crayonskater
02-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Oh, come on. Tim said he made out in a car with a guy who teased him. That's hardly t3h ev1l pr0n! No one would have noticed if he said he hooked up with a girl skater who teased him.

On the original topic, I'd just ignore them. Who cares what they think? If you want to respond, just take a page from a friend of mine who used to dance competitively... "So.... you hang around with a bunch of sweaty smelly manly men, and I get to check out hot girls in spandex... and I'm the gay one?"

flippet
02-20-2006, 06:24 PM
If there's solid proof of that, then it's something to discuss. But without proof that this happens on a large scale or in general, it's baseless.

Apparently you've never even had a college psych class--I'm sure those at least touch on it. Further behavioral science classes would go into more depth.

But if you'd like to keep shouting your ignorance from the rooftops, be my guest.:roll:

Oh, come on. Tim said he made out in a car with a guy who teased him. That's hardly t3h ev1l pr0n! No one would have noticed if he said he hooked up with a girl skater who teased him.

Exactly. If it's not 'TMI' if we're talking about a guy and a girl (and I don't think it was), then it's not if it's two guys, or two girls. Double standards in this area really bug me. :evil:

TimDavidSkate
02-20-2006, 06:32 PM

Most of my early teenage years were spent fitting in with the rest of society. If I went out with a girl, I would get a pat on the back.
But when I started dating guys, 50% of those fake people ignored me.

Those people who thinks otherwise" BITE ME!" :twisted:

~ Johnny Weir's biggest fan

EastonSkater
02-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Apparently you've never even had a college psych class--I'm sure those at least touch on it. Further behavioral science classes would go into more depth. But if you'd like to keep shouting your ignorance from the rooftops, be my guest.:roll:

Burden of proof is on your side actually. Sure....there may be the odd case that has a extreme denial syndrome, but if you or anyone reckons that people with 'problems' usually draw attention away from themselves by critisising others....then you better have some solid proof to back that up. And this also goes for psych teachers and behavioural science teachers.

TimDavidSkate
02-20-2006, 06:55 PM
This is why Bush is still president - majority of this country lives in denial.
Forcing people to act a certain way and life is this country's motto.

Since I have posted my first comment on this board, I have gotten at least 65emails.
-Some wanted proof??? You want pictures and videos? :lol: It will cost ya :lol:
- 45% thinks that Brokeback Mountain is a lie and a fantasy. :roll: :lol: :halo:

beachbabe
02-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Burden of proof is on your side actually. Sure....there may be the odd case that has a extreme denial syndrome, but if you or anyone reckons that people with 'problems' usually draw attention away from themselves by critisising others....then you better have some solid proof to back that up. And this also goes for psych teachers and behavioural science teachers.

ironically we actually jsut studied this in my psych class, and yes there have been mass studies of this. i'm just too lazy to go and look them up right now.
If you don't believe me...look around you...youll be surprised how many people do it

stardust skies
02-20-2006, 10:17 PM
Have you got solid proof of what you just said above?

Well, I could name the names of every macho in high school who's ended up coming out in college, but that would really be invasion of privacy and not all that relevant on a grander scheme. Do some psychology research. What I said above isn't just true of homophobia...it's pretty much true for every fear humans project onto others but really have themselves. It's a lot like why the really adamant Christians spend their lives trying to lecture others and tell the non-believers they are sooooo sad that they'll be going to Hell. Those people are just afraid of dying and of what happens when you die. FOR THE MOST PART. Some people of course don't fit into these patterns. But most do. That's why they're patterns. And again, if you need proof, just read up on some psychology journals. You're free to disagree, though. That's the beauty of this country.

PS: Yes beachbabe, it is called sublimation. :D I also agree with everything Flippet said about everyone being educated on this. I actually learned about sublimation in Senior high school class...and I didn't even go to that great of a school. If someone doesn't know what it is and didn't have a teacher who passed around all of the research data and surveys on this stuff, then 8O, that's some serious lack of basic education. I also agree that Tim suffered from a total double standard. Keep on pimpin', Tim!!

Also...EastonSkater...this isn't a trial. Haha. Burden on proof is on no one. If you don't believe and never had the minimal education required to hear about the psychological responses we are talking about, then fine, keep saying we need to "prove" what you should've learned in high school. But no one needs to prove anything. If you're interested, look up the topic. If not, then just don't believe it. I don't care. But I think it's sad that you need a STUDY to prove to you that people deal with their own fears by projecting them onto others. I mean, do you even live in this world?! It's *everywhere* Why do you think the little anorexic girls call that other girl in school fat? Just 'cause they're mean? Sure, maybe. But could it also be to make themselves look skinnier by pointing HER out in front of everyone else because *they* are really afraid of being the ones seen as fat by their peers? More likely. Most cruelty in this world comes out of fear and ignorance. And yeah, as Tim said, for proof of that, just look at the state of our World Affairs. :frus:

Shinn-Reika
02-20-2006, 10:26 PM

Most of my early teenage years were spent fitting in with the rest of society. If I went out with a girl, I would get a pat on the back.
But when I started dating guys, 50% of those fake people ignored me.

Those people who thinks otherwise" BITE ME!" :twisted:

~ Johnny Weir's biggest fan

Yes Johnny weir FTW I say!

Though as someone who isn't very normal, it becomes obvious that people to cover up their insecurities. Funny thing is we're all more similiar than we think, it doesn't make sense why people don't enjoy what little bit of themselves is unique. Whatever floats you're boat I guess.

As for the gay thing. As far as I'm concerned, I've put to much of myself into becoming the kind of skater I am to let another man bring me down with just words. That's absurd!... such a thought.

I do wish I understood the whole girls thing however, but I guess that's another topic.

sk8ertim
02-20-2006, 10:55 PM
you know what...they are really jsut jelous of how you get to be with hot figure skating girls haha...don't even worry about it.

And if they keep bothering you, ask them to jump a triple axel and they will shut right up

I would never call a guy gay for figure skating, if anything I love it, b/c i wanna do paired skating one day.
You are 1,000,000% RIGHT.:D :P :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-)

TimDavidSkate
02-20-2006, 11:14 PM
You are 1,000,000% RIGHT.:D :P :lol: 8-) 8-) 8-)

You got that right, in High School I used to judge 6 girls or more in my dance class to see who had the firmest, perkiest, breasts. All of the straight guys were so jealous of me. Not only I get to feel them I also get to see them bare... blech!!!!! 8O gross!!!!

EastonSkater
02-20-2006, 11:21 PM
You sound somewhat immature there timdavidskate.

sk8ertim
02-20-2006, 11:29 PM
:( You got that right, in High School I used to judge 6 girls or more in my dance class to see who had the firmest, perkiest, breasts. All of the straight guys were so jealous of me. Not only I get to feel them I also get to see them bare... blech!!!!! 8O gross!!!!
NASTY U NASTY

jazzpants
02-20-2006, 11:51 PM
Exactly. If it's not 'TMI' if we're talking about a guy and a girl (and I don't think it was), then it's not if it's two guys, or two girls. Double standards in this area really bug me. :evil:Yes, but saying that was feeling some girls breasts on a public forum where everyone is expecting to ready about gender discrimination is, to me, TMI! :evil:

Look, I'm not setting any double standard! I would say the same WRT whether Tim made out w/a guy, a gal or whatever. This is NOT the type of stuff you would want to discuss in polite company...and certainly NOT in a forum where young KIDS are also reading this board!!!

Please, let's show a little bit respect to those who might not want to read stuff like this in a figure skating board!!! Let's show some CLASS here!!! :( I'm not saying don't discuss it, but if you are going to discuss it, at least do it via PM.

EastonSkater
02-21-2006, 12:05 AM
Yes, but saying that was feeling some girls breasts on a public forum where everyone is expecting to ready about gender discrimination is, to me, TMI! :evil:

Look, I'm not setting any double standard! I would say the same WRT whether Tim made out w/a guy, a gal or whatever. This is NOT the type of stuff you would want to discuss in polite company...and certainly NOT in a forum where young KIDS are also reading this board!!!

Please, let's show a little bit respect to those who might not want to read stuff like this in a figure skating board!!! Let's show some CLASS here!!! :( I'm not saying don't discuss it, but if you are going to discuss it, at least do it via PM.

Exactly. Sounds like the guy needs a good kick in the head.

Casey
02-21-2006, 12:46 AM
I think it's pointless to say that one is faster than so and so, unless there's real proof of it.
I agree, and have already said as much. Which leads to the question: so why did you say it then in the first place? :P

samba
02-21-2006, 01:09 AM
I believe there is a way of blocking personal viewing of certain members, can someone show me how because it doesnt matter whether these comments were coming from a gay or otherwise, I dont want to read it, up untill now I have really enjoyed viewing this forum, and I dont care how educated some of you think you are, dont judge me, you are wrong.

EastonSkater
02-21-2006, 01:26 AM
I agree, and have already said as much. Which leads to the question: so why did you say it then in the first place? :P

Because wider blades on soft ice will have more surface area on the ice compared to narrower blades. So one would expect the wider blade to be slower on soft ice. On harder ice, maybe it doesn't matter so much. And hockey skates are designed for hockey starts, while figure skates are not. So basically, you'd be disadvantaged already in the quick start if you're on figure skates. The profile of the hockey skate is also angled for better agility in taking off compared to figure skates. So I predict that the hockey skate will win in the short distance.....while the figure skate, with its longer blade 'may' be quicker for long distances. The hockey skate will likely have the advantage in the running start. That's just my prediction. And that's what I know when I'm wearing the two different types of skates. But since you don't know what hockey starts are, as you said that you didn't care, then you're probably not yet in a position to understand the differences.

And when I said it's pointless for one to say they're faster than so and so without evidence or proof....I'm talking about individuals saying that they themselves are faster than so and so. I wasn't talking about hypotheticals/predictions.

Casey
02-21-2006, 01:37 AM
...I predict that the hockey skate will win in the short distance.....while the figure skate, with its longer blade 'may' be quicker for long distances. The hockey skate will likely have the advantage in the running start.
I thought you said that you thought it pointless to say that one is faster than so and so, unless there's real proof of it. Guess I must have been hearing things...

EastonSkater
02-21-2006, 01:45 AM
I thought you said that you thought it pointless to say that one is faster than so and so, unless there's real proof of it. Guess I must have been hearing things...

You were hearing things alright. Because when I said 'it's pointless to say that ONE is faster ....'. The 'ONE' is referring to an individual person.

Casey
02-21-2006, 02:14 AM
You were hearing things alright. Because when I said 'it's pointless to say that ONE is faster ....'. The 'ONE' is referring to an individual person.
Well I suppose my real-life experiences at a number of different rinks can't compare to the accuracy of your wild speculatation - clearly, I should have never dared debate such stunning logic. Your amazing intellect is so great that it overrides real life.

Here, let me kiss your toes so skilled at thine hockey starts as I worship your stunning superior toepickless blades with which you propel yourself across the ice with such tremendous speed...clearly I was the one who was wrong all along. No, sorry, I can't quite manage to lower myself that far - must be my toepicks getting in the way.

stardust skies
02-21-2006, 02:36 AM
Yes, but saying that was feeling some girls breasts on a public forum where everyone is expecting to ready about gender discrimination is, to me, TMI! :evil:

Well...I think perhaps Tim got carried away by us all defending the fact that saying he made out with some dude wasn't TMI. The whole breast thing is in fact WAY TOO MUCH INFO, though! That was really gross. I see nothing wrong with some guy saying he made out with another guy on a public forum, especially if it did, in a joking way, fit the theme of this thread- and there were NO details. I do however see something slightly wrong with talking about feeling girls' naked breasts on this thread. I'm not offended, but I did make a scrunchy face when I read it cause it was just kind of eww. Not appropriate here IMO.

There's a line, and I do believe it has been crossed. I hope it isn't an action that will be repeated, but on the other hand, there's no need for an uproar about this, IMO. I was much more offended about coskater's post against Kevin Callahan than I am about this. And yes, I'll let that go eventually too, it just really surprised me coming from anybody on here. :giveup:

EastonSkater
02-21-2006, 03:11 AM
Well I suppose my real-life experiences at a number of different rinks can't compare to the accuracy of your wild speculatation - clearly, I should have never dared debate such stunning logic. Your amazing intellect is so great that it overrides real life.

Here, let me kiss your toes so skilled at thine hockey starts as I worship your stunning superior toepickless blades with which you propel yourself across the ice with such tremendous speed...clearly I was the one who was wrong all along. No, sorry, I can't quite manage to lower myself that far - must be my toepicks getting in the way.

It is you who has the wild imagination there casey. Obviously, you're the type that resorts to vermin-like tactics in order to get your way through discussions. Try to drop that bad habit....it'll make you a better person.

Mrs Redboots
02-21-2006, 05:12 AM
Burden of proof is on your side actually. Sure....there may be the odd case that has a extreme denial syndrome, but if you or anyone reckons that people with 'problems' usually draw attention away from themselves by critisising others....then you better have some solid proof to back that up. And this also goes for psych teachers and behavioural science teachers.The Bible do you? "Why do you see the speck in your neighbour's eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your neighbour, "Let me take the speck out of your eye", while the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbour's eye." Sounds surprisingly like denial to me.... human nature doesn't change!

EastonSkater
02-21-2006, 06:27 AM
The Bible do you? "Why do you see the speck in your neighbour's eye, but do not notice the log in your own eye? Or how can you say to your neighbour, "Let me take the speck out of your eye", while the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your neighbour's eye." Sounds surprisingly like denial to me.... human nature doesn't change!

Better not quote stuff out of the bible here.....because don't forget that your religion condemns gay people. So before quoting things to make your statement, better fix up your own beliefs first.

blue111moon
02-21-2006, 07:15 AM
Reading this discussion leaves me with only one question: what's such a avid hockey skater doing hanging out on a board specifically for figure skaters?

crayonskater
02-21-2006, 07:28 AM

---All these "straight" men tries to be cool and act like a jack a**, but inside them, it's just another BrokeBack Mountain kinda guy!!! I dated a cop, hockey player, basketball, football, and baseball player. All of them act straight and tease flamboyant men, unfortunately just to act cool ~

sawie i thought it would be funny - just relax ...no harm done

There's nothing about breasts in this post, is there? This is just harmless stories.

Easton, if who is faster doesn't matter, then why'd you bring it up? (Not to mention that I'm pretty sure the speedskaters have everyone beat.) And insulting people's religion really should be out of bounds, especially when it seems your knowledge of Christianity comes from whatever you hear on the news about Pat Robertson.

flippet
02-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Better not quote stuff out of the bible here.....because don't forget that your religion condemns gay people. So before quoting things to make your statement, better fix up your own beliefs first.

I agree, this is crossing the line. I've tolerated your antagonism up to a point, but this is going too far. Mrs. Redboots didn't bring up religion, she brought up the Bible, which happens to be an ancient text, and a piece of literature, no matter what your beliefs may be.

Consider yourself warned.

~flippet