View Full Version : My skates didn't kill me for once!

AW1
02-19-2006, 03:25 AM
Well I had a very badly ill fitted pair of skates, Risports, which were only a B witdh. My foot is EE width. I have been skating in them since I started skating. They were too long on me (almost 2 inches) so I could actually get my foot into the boots.

So anyway I did away with them and am in the process of buying a new (proper fitting) pair. In the meantime, I didn't want to NOT skate for 8 weeks until I get my new ones, so I was given a pair of old Altamuras. Still too narrow for me, but the correct length. So the old guy who sharpens the blades says he can punch them out (and he beat them to what I thought was within an inch of their life) but they were still painful.

Anyway I was talking to my mum and she said, you know we didn't have stretchers back in my day, and when I did marching my grandmother used to stretch my boots with Hot Water. So she helped me heat the boots and basically heat mould them to my feet with the old fashioned way!

Result : 2 hours on ice at synchro today and NOT one single sore bit on my feet! YAY!!

This actually turned out WAY better than I had imagined. So now, I can skate pain free :bow: thanks to my mum!~

SkatingOnClouds
02-20-2006, 02:11 AM
Way to go! It sure makes a difference when your feet don't hurt. I'll be glad when I get mine to that stage. Glad you got to that point.