View Full Version : music- techno classical

skating_life
02-18-2006, 01:52 PM
any suggestions on classical music that has a techno remix to it?
ive been trying to find one for next season but ive yet to find one.
so if you have anything can you please tell me ?;)

7Cities
02-18-2006, 02:46 PM
Check out the link below to a trance music forum I post on.
They have a whole list of classical tracks that have been remixed into classical trance.

HERE (http://trance.nu/v3/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1243578#1243578)

Shinn-Reika
02-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Beethoven Virus - by Banya. Only on e that comes to mine. It's from Pump it up so it's only 1:40 minutes long.

mantysk8er
02-18-2006, 10:19 PM
Check out "Hooked on Classics" (not sure by who). There are a few different editions, that all have techno backgrounds to them. I've used several of them for my students. I know for sure there is a techno Nutcracker, and lots of other more famous classical pieces.

Look on Google for it, not sure where/if you can buy them any more.

beachbabe
02-18-2006, 10:35 PM
i don't kno if its classical exactly, but the techno remix of pink panther is really good. And there is a remix of bittersweet symphony by moby

2salch0w
02-19-2006, 06:55 AM
any suggestions on classical music that has a techno remix to it?
ive been trying to find one for next season but ive yet to find one.
so if you have anything can you please tell me ?;)

I ordered a CD called Symphonic Rock that had some interesting stuff on it. Search on Amazon for that and you should get a lot of hits. Not really techno, though.

I also look for extended dance mixes of some of my favorite 80s/90s dance tunes, as the remix can often have several minutes of instrumental. My current singles program is New Order's "Blue Monday". The mix I found opens with 2:05 of instrumental -- I just had to cut in 5 seconds at the end for my silver program! (Now I just need to choreograph it and I'm all set. :) I've also noticed that bands like New Order, Depeche Mode, Erasure, Alphaville, etc. often cut their own instrumental versions of their more popular songs. They used to do this as B-sides, back when there was such a thing as B-sides. I used to have a great extended mix of "The Great Commandment" by Camoflauge, which would be great for skating, but I can't find it. I need to search Napster for this.

Tim

skating_life
02-19-2006, 07:56 AM
thanks everyine or your help :)

skating_life
02-19-2006, 12:21 PM
does anyone think beethoven - fur elise is good?