View Full Version : What was the first move you've ever learned as a Pairs skater?

FSWer
02-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Ok all Pairs Skaters!!!!!! Time to tell me what the first big move was you've ever learned?

2loop2loop
02-18-2006, 02:19 PM
How about "none of the above" :lol: I think stroking in hold comes first for most skaters. Most of the things you have listed are waaaay down the line! I don't think there is a pair couple in history that learned a one-hand overhead lift first!

I've been dabbling in pairs lately and we have done stroking, side by side jumps and spins, throw waltz, sal and loop, a few low level lifts and we've been working on a BO death spiral - which is actually getting surprisingly good 8O . We've also done a few adagio moves such as the one arm one leg "aeroplane" spin and we may have a go at a headbanger sometime soon 8O , hopefully not too literally. We are both reasonably advanced skaters though, her more than me, and we are still a long way from doing any overhead lifts on the ice.

John

NoVa Sk8r
02-18-2006, 02:24 PM
So will we be seeing a debut at Mountain Cup or O'dorf anytime soon?! :P

2loop2loop
02-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Considering the opposition ...... uhhhh, no :twisted:

Besides I'm still too young for Oberstdorf :halo:

John

Mrs Redboots
02-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Such pairs as we've done, the first actual move we did was a side-by-side spiral in hold. But then, as dancers, we spend hours skating round together in various holds every practice-session!

CanAmSk8ter
02-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Does any team NOT learn to stroke or do crossovers first? Lifts and death spirals have to wait until you can actually *skate* together :roll:

TashaKat
02-19-2006, 03:26 PM
Can't exactly call myself a Pairs skater but did have some Pairs lessons (brilliant, loved them).

We did the usual stroking exercises etc as a pair, but 'tricks' wise did some off-ice lifts, single throw jumps, beginnings of the death spiral and pairs spins. I was already doing free and dance so was already used to skating with a partner, doing the jumps etc.

I wish that I could have carried on, I really liked Pairs :)