View Full Version : Please help me select what music to do for my routine!

WltzJmpGrl
02-17-2006, 06:03 PM
I am doing a Gamma routine for an exhibition in April, but I do not have any music to do it to.

I would like to do a song from High School Musical or another DCOM.

Any suggestions?:?: :?: :?:

Mrs Redboots
02-18-2006, 04:32 AM
Are you allowed vocal music? Make sure you check whether it's allowed or not.

Whatever you choose, make sure it is as fast as you can skate to - nothing looks worse than a slow skater skating to slow music. And try, as far as you can, to choreograph your programme to your music - all too many skaters, especially at the lower levels, skate through their music, not to it!

Skate@Delaware
02-18-2006, 06:17 AM
One of our girls picked the song Graduation Day and cut it without vocals. She is 15 and skating ISI. It has a nice beat, and it sounds jazzy-classical you can skate almost anything to it.

Sometimes vocals detract from the skater.

WltzJmpGrl
02-18-2006, 07:32 AM
:) Yes, I am allowed vocals (I'll double check with my coach though.)

I'm actually more worried about having music that is too fast. I think I am skating to Popular, though.

beachbabe
02-18-2006, 10:51 PM
pink panther techno remix, anyone. I'm obseesed with it right now, beacsue its jsut sooooo good. Almostt too perfect for skating.

and as far as I'm concerned, fsater is better, it gives an uplifting mood..especially in exebitions.
I am soo tired of hearing the same classical pieces for every single performance.

You could also try something form the movie, dirty dancing

VegasGirl
02-19-2006, 10:14 AM
Pick a piece of music that you like, that you can relay to! What kind of music are you into?
And yes, pick music that fits your skating speed... if at all I'd say rather a bit slower than too fast... especially at the lower levels it's very hard to skate to music that's too fast.

How about something from "Pretty in Pink" or the "Breakfast Club"?

mikawendy
02-19-2006, 11:24 AM
Pick a piece of music that you like, that you can relay to! What kind of music are you into?
And yes, pick music that fits your skating speed... if at all I'd say rather a bit slower than too fast... especially at the lower levels it's very hard to skate to music that's too fast.

How about something from "Pretty in Pink" or the "Breakfast Club"?

Or what about something from "St. Elmo's Fire"? I think there's something in there named "Georgetown" (two versions, I think) that is really pretty.

skating_life
02-19-2006, 12:27 PM
omg for the longest time ive been wanting to skate to broken road by raskel flatts

Mercedeslove
03-03-2006, 12:54 AM
:) Yes, I am allowed vocals (I'll double check with my coach though.)

I'm actually more worried about having music that is too fast. I think I am skating to Popular, though.

Popular...as in the song on the Wicked OST? If so, dude skate to that. I'd love to skate to a song from Wicked one time, or RENT. Either of those would rock?