View Full Version : Syracuse, NY area skating

VegasGirl
02-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Just moved here barely a week ago and now that the house is starting to look semi-normal again I thought it would be a good time to start hunting for a rink. I'd love to find a rink or club with a decent adult program, preferably ISI and open year round (or with connections to a year round rink). Does anybody have info for me?

Thanks in advance!!!

mr7740
02-14-2006, 11:35 AM
I am originally from this area and have skated at most of the rinks. I am not sure if any have really good adult programs, but there are a few adults around who do skate. I believe the Radison Ice Arena in Lysander (Syracuse Figure Skating Club) has an ISI program. However, I would recommend the twin rinks in Cicero (Skating Club of Central NY). There are some more options there as far as coaches. Both are open year round.
Depending on where you live in the area there are also rinks in Camillus, Cortland, Fulton, Oswego as well as Sunnycrest and Meachem Ice Arena right in the city of Syracuse (but the figure skating club moved to Cicero so I am not sure what they have as far as ice time). If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

VegasGirl
02-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Thanks so much for the info... it's a great start and best of all Cicero is just right down the road from us here in Bridgeport!!! I can't wait to head out there to check out the rink! Haven't skated in two weeks and am itching to get back on the ice... was going to go out on the lake on Sunday but didn't get around to it and now it looks like the ice might be too thin since we had some thaw.

Thanks again, also for the offer to help further, I'll take you up on the offer as questions arise. :smile: